Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Investor Discussions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So far, the only date appears to be on the NASDAQ web site, which states the earnings report is *expected* to be released on 02/13/13.

When you scroll to the bottom of the page mentioning Feb 11 as an date for the earnings report, you will see

*The upcoming earnings date is derived from an algorithm based on a company's historical reporting dates. It is possible that this date will be updated in the future, once the company announces the actual date.

So it is not supposed to be anything better than a rough estimate.

If the NYT article is in fact partly responsible, that's just ridiculous. Who cares what one person thinks, or his particular single experience. For all we know he hates the whole EV idea anyway, and so hated this car from the start. If *all* the reviews in the press and otherwise were negative, that would be a different story. But quite the opposite is true.

NYT highlights what many forum members are experiencing in real use scenarios. Consumer Reports will discover the same cold-weather, reduced range, overnight loss of SOC, etc. That report can/will have a lasting effect on sales, consumer impression and share price. Tesla needs to address the issues brought up by NYT NOW. Long-term reviewers are likely to find the same shortcomings.

tesla management should urgently response to this review and make a statement otherwise all potential model s buyers will be scared off to drive in winter...

There are 1,000's of satisfied Model S owners driving in the winter today as reported by the WSJ in its market opening comments this morning.

- - - Updated - - -

There are not many sellers below $40, the stock looks green this week.

Last edited:
For those concerned about the effects of the NYT article, the stock gave back 3 whole days of gains. This could have little to do with the article, or it could have been an excuse for a little profit taking. Anyway, the stock is definitely still doing well (currently up 13% since the beginning of the year).

The problem could be that they do not know the date when report will be ready. There is no reason to postpone earnings release. But there could be problems they are working out with auditors atm. And they simply do not know how long will it take to fix them.

I'm sure Tesla and its auditors are probably in disagreement over revenue recognition for the quarter. This can be a grey area, and whatever policy Tesla and it auditors agree with they will have to live with for a long time. Given the stories on this forum about Tesla accepting payment, loading the car on the truck, and then considering it "delivered", I'm not surprised that there would be issues in this area given the mad rush at the end of the quarter. This may also affect their reporting on the number of cars "built" vs "delivered".

I'm personally more interested in their cash flow, than their actual revenue numbers.

I'm sure Tesla and its auditors are probably in disagreement over revenue recognition for the quarter. This can be a grey area, and whatever policy Tesla and it auditors agree with they will have to live with for a long time. Given the stories on this forum about Tesla accepting payment, loading the car on the truck, and then considering it "delivered", I'm not surprised that there would be issues in this area given the mad rush at the end of the quarter. This may also affect their reporting on the number of cars "built" vs "delivered".

I'm personally more interested in their cash flow, than their actual revenue numbers.

I agree with PureAmps and would add that they are probably dealing with how they will account for the reservation cash as there has been a mad dash to confirm orders which deems that cash non refundable.

$5,000 X 10,000 reservations is material.

i really should try to stop reading this thread but i cannot. i need to breath and realize my investment is in it for the long run (3-5 years). Last time i was tempted to sell a chunk of shares, and did, only to buy them back two days later for 2 bucks more per share. this time, i think i will just hold strong.

for even if shares dip, as long as TESLA learns from the whole cold weather/rear wheel drive/foggy windows etc. and builds upon the great foundation they have, they will be in a great market position in the next few years. i have no doubt they are listening, learning and formulating.

Earnings call on Feb 20th after market close.

Tesla Motors Announces Date for Fourth Quarter & Year-End 2012 Financial Results

PALO ALTO, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 02/11/13 -- Tesla Motors, Inc. (NASDAQ: TSLA) announced today that it will post its financial results for the fourth quarter and calendar year ended December 31, 2012, after market close on Wednesday, February 20, 2013. At that time, Tesla will issue a brief advisory release via Marketwire containing a link to the fourth quarter 2012 Shareholder Letter, available on the company website. Tesla management will hold a live Question & Answer (Q&A) session at 2:30pm Pacific Standard Time (5:30pm Eastern Standard Time) to discuss the Company's financial and business results and outlook.

What: Tesla Motors, Inc. Fourth Quarter and Year-End 2012 Financial Results Q&A Conference Call
When: Wednesday, February 20, 2013
Time: 2:30pm Pacific Standard Time / 5:30pm Eastern Standard Time
Shareholder Letter: Tesla - Investors Overview
Webcast: Tesla - Investors Overview (live and replay)
Live Call: (877) 312-5519 / (760) 666-3771 (International)

Approximately two hours after the call, a digital recording of the Q&A session will be available for a period of two weeks following the date of the call. To access the recording, please dial in to one of the following numbers using the conference ID shown.

Replay Dial-In #: (855) 859-2056 Conference ID: 99105830
International Replay Dial-In #: (404) 537-3406 Conference ID: 99105830

The webcast will also be archived on the Company's website for a period of one year following the date of the call.

About Tesla

Tesla's goal is to accelerate the world's transition to electric mobility with a full range of increasingly affordable electric cars. California-based Tesla designs and manufactures EVs, as well as EV powertrain components for partners such as Toyota and Daimler. Tesla has delivered more than 2,400 Roadsters to customers worldwide. Model S, the world's first premium sedan to be engineered from the ground up as an electric vehicle, began deliveries to U.S. customers in June of this year.

For additional information, please visit Tesla - Investors Overview

Status
Not open for further replies.