Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Investor Discussions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And he gets very credible back-up from an EE professor at MIT

"Musk's assessments of battery cells were confirmed by Donald Sadoway, a professor of electrical engineering at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.

"I would have used the same words," says Sadoway. "I'm glad someone with such a big reputation put it on the line."

"He's engineered [Tesla's battery] to prevent the domino effect, while Boeing evidently doesn't have that engineering," adds Sadoway."
As predicted Boeing not interested in his assessment. Too much hubris good job though. Nice to see tesla designed battery packs in airplanes but could you trust them to install correctly and not tarnish tesla reputation

So when it broke $38 I caved and sold all of my shares, regretted it immensely, and bought them all back today. I was able to pick up a few extra shares, but I think I'm going to just stick to my plan of riding the company till it picks up significantly more. :tongue:.

Next time you "cave" just sell half of your shares or a third ... pick up more on the pull back and hold most of them so you are covered and dont "miss" the big upswing

Next time you "cave" just sell half of your shares or a third ... pick up more on the pull back and hold most of them so you are covered and dont "miss" the big upswing
Well my initial plan was to play the swing game with the volatility and pick up more shares before the Model S launch and then hold for years and years. I just got antsy looking at all of the profits but I immediately regretted it. This time my mistake cost me nothing and actually increased my position by 1%, I won't dare dump any more unless it's a short squeeze.

So when it broke $38 I caved and sold all of my shares, regretted it immensely, and bought them all back today. I was able to pick up a few extra shares, but I think I'm going to just stick to my plan of riding the company till it picks up significantly more. :tongue:.

I did exactly the same with 20% of my shares and bought it back at 37.50. Now I'm only holding on. I have no idea how far down it will go, but in the end I believe it will go way up, and I don't want to miss out. I don't even want to miss out 20%, and I don't think I know enough to make money on day trading.

I did the same, except I lost $1 per share on my trade. Some idiot posted on this forum that ELon was going to be interviewed by Bloomsberg and made me rush to buy my shares back before the closing bell. Turns out it was some made up phantom BS, Elon never had that interview. Whoever that person was SHAME ON YOU!

I did the same, except I lost $1 per share on my trade. Some idiot posted on this forum that ELon was going to be interviewed by Bloomsberg and made me rush to buy my shares back before the closing bell. Turns out it was some made up phantom BS, Elon never had that interview. Whoever that person was SHAME ON YOU!

youarethecaliflower ?!

In case it isn't a joke..

Your investment decisions are your own. No post on any forum is responsible for the financial impact of your investment choices.

The optimistic part of the market, surely. However, do you think all the remaining 26 million shorts had already planned it in? And that they were planning on something to happen later-on, in the first place?

The market in aggregate is pricing it in. I'm sure some shorts will get caught with their pants down and some longs will have wanted more. On the whole, I think the market expects these things to happen and it is going to take an added something special to push us much past $40.

Thinking that some set of good news is going to suddenly cause all the shorts to cover and that nobody is going to sell into that is just silly.

Last edited:

Wow. You need to reevaluate your trading strategies. You are going to get eaten alive doing stuff like that. I don't say that to be mean, I just want to convey the seriousness of a move like that. You are lucky to have only lost $1.

The market in aggravate is pricing it in. I'm sure some shorts will get caught with their pants down and some longs will have wanted more. On the whole, I think the market expects these things to happen and it is going to take an added something special to push us much past $40.

Thinking that some set of good news is going to suddenly cause all the shorts to cover and that nobody is going to sell into that is just silly.

I don't think it will take that much to go past $40, though. We've already been above $38.50 three days ago, after all. Why shouldn't we go past $40 sometime in February?

Just something to think about to avoid getting into panics like selling and buying based on a bloomberg interview. Ford is a roughly $50 billion dollar company. If TSLA can grow in the next 5 years to 25% of that market valuation - say $12.5 billion, with currently outstanding shares each share would be worth $110. Go long. I mean really long - not 1 week, not 1 day - go 5 years long. Buy and hold at every opportunity unless something catastrophic happens.Time your buys, not your sells with TSLA. Just my $0.02.

Just something to think about to avoid getting into panics like selling and buying based on a bloomberg interview. Ford is a roughly $50 billion dollar company. If TSLA can grow in the next 5 years to 25% of that market valuation - say $12.5 billion, with currently outstanding shares each share would be worth $110. Go long. I mean really long - not 1 week, not 1 day - go 5 years long. Buy and hold at every opportunity unless something catastrophic happens.Time your buys, not your sells with TSLA. Just my $0.02.

I agree, when I'm long, I'm long. I don't do short term trading. I did just sell some Adobe to buy my car (over 10 years, 1000% gain).

Status
Not open for further replies.