Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's hard to RELAX when everytime you post I have to watch you beating that "dead horse" to death again. For the love of god, please change your avatar! Or don't...

I did say I would keep it until 5000 m3 production or bankwuptcy but it’s grown on me so I’m keeping it for now. Wish I had the skills to replace the horse with a short seller.

I’ve read all the posts in this thread and in previous years’ threads.

Conclusion: There’s absolutely no consensus on how the stock market works, why the SP is dropping since the announcement, where it will end up when (ok, if) the deal goes through, will the shorts get what they deserve or will they manage to get out relatively unscathed and on, and on.

None.
Zip.
Zero.
Nadda.

Lots of people posting in authoritative AND contradictory ways. Not helpful, at all.
That's not completely true. Someone, somewhere is talking to someone else, somewhere. And we don't know what that conversation is, and we don't even know if that conversation is 100% kosher. That's the way this stock had always traded; on emotion, on FUD, and on leaks.

Lol, welcome to Tesla stock.

I’m not new to the stock. Holding since 2012 and continue to hold.

My observation was simply that nobody actually knows how the stock market works. Some seem to have bits and pieces, but that’s it. It’s an interesting phenomenon. Humans made it but they don’t actually know how it works.

My observation was simply that nobody actually knows how the stock market works. Some seem to have bits and pieces, but that’s it. It’s an interesting phenomenon. Humans made it but they don’t actually know how it works.

In what context? Everyone selling is guaranteed $420 if they just wait.

• Funny
Reactions: Johan
Technically, it appears that there is some strong support around $324ish, or about 3% below the current price of $334.

Justin Pulitzer‏ @JustinPulitzer
$TSLA coming into a nice RORO bounce play setup.

item

• Informative
Reactions: neroden
I’m not new to the stock. Holding since 2012 and continue to hold.

Ah I see. Well there are many good books for valuation, but it's part valuation and part psychology...so it is extemeext hard to predict.

I'm on a wait & watch where it goes mode before buying. I don't think we have seen the bottom yet - with SEC subpoenas etc. and likelihood of leaks from SEC in the future.

It might be a wild ride until funding/price/date are announced.

I think it’s clear now that Musk screwed up. The worse that could happen from an investment standpoint is he could be out as CEO and maybe taken out completely. Followed by Cash outflow due to investor lawsuits.

Really disappointed myself since Tesla had a lot of positive momentum after Q2. Musk has lamented about drama around Tesla but lately it’s all about him

I think it’s clear now that Musk screwed up. The worse that could happen from an investment standpoint is he could be out as CEO and maybe taken out completely. Followed by Cash outflow due to investor lawsuits.

Really disappointed myself since Tesla had a lot of positive momentum after Q2. Musk has lamented about drama around Tesla but lately it’s all about him
That is the frustrating part about this to me. The stock was building some solid momentum after Q2 ER with model 3 production continuing to increase. Elon's tweet exploded that momentum into lots of uncertainty, and the market just loves that.

Reactions: Zhelko Dimic
Netflix down -4.5%, tesla -down 3.5%, Apple down -.5%

Nasdaq down 100 points. Over, what Turkey? Let’s hope Haiti or Ethiopia doesn’t crater next year. Makes no sense whatsoever. Is Netflix even in Turkey?
yes, Netflix is in Turkey. Turkey basically is escalating the battle with the orange emperor to include US electronics products/services, automobiles, tobacco, spirits ranging from 40-140%. It's not HUGE market (like Germany, UK, France), but it's a much larger market for those US companies than say Greece was.

So, it's a thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.