Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
or another book by Michael Lewis

fwiw, tried contacting him years ago for this very reason (he’s not easy to contact. left it at a few tweets of the idea to his wife). few months back contemplating our crowd sourcing funds to hire him for a speaking engagement where we’d actually ask him to sit back and hear our pitch for an article or book on this. I can certainly understand if he does not want to incur the potential consequences of stepping in the line of fire.

Reactions: Thumper
I’ve read all the posts in this thread and in previous years’ threads.

Conclusion: There’s absolutely no consensus on how the stock market works, why the SP is dropping since the announcement, where it will end up when (ok, if) the deal goes through, will the shorts get what they deserve or will they manage to get out relatively unscathed and on, and on.

None.
Zip.
Zero.
Nadda.

Lots of people posting in authoritative AND contradictory ways. Not helpful, at all.

Wild guesses as always:

Silver Lake is transmuter of venture Silicon Valley capital in this deal , GS is representative of Saudis.

Another or even two weeks of waiting, (could be another meaningless 8K form in between if SEC presses), proposed price will be current price X 1.2. (420=350x1.2 btw). Most probably "accidentally" 350 will be the pre8K price.
There will be private closed fund for employees, retail investors probably will be simply offered employee type shares in exchange.
Saudis of course will get passive shares as well.

The chance of anything connected to Tesla with the word "public" afterwards is pretty much 0, apparently SEC likes to keep these words far apart, which is a pity because retail investors were and still could be great ambassadors for Tesla.

• Informative
Reactions: neroden

Conclusion: There’s absolutely no consensus on how the stock market works, why the SP is dropping since the announcement, where it will end up when (ok, if) the deal goes through, will the shorts get what they deserve or will they manage to get out relatively unscathed and on, and on.

None.
Zip.
Zero.
Nadda.

Lots of people posting in authoritative AND contradictory ways. Not helpful, at all.

There never will be. The only reason why this stock is so crazy is because of the subjectivity on the future of the company. Also my opinion is this current share price movement is lunacy-- the shorts are sticking with the rhetoric that Elon is a liar as an investment thesis.

Reactions: neroden

None.
Zip.
Zero.
Nadda.

Isn't that obvious? No one knows. It is the very nature of the stock market.

Ps. the only people who know something are the insiders and law prohibits them from using that knowledge.

Reactions: phil0909
Status
Not open for further replies.