Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Netflix down -4.5%, tesla -down 3.5%, Apple down -.5%

Nasdaq down 100 points. Over, what Turkey? Let’s hope Haiti or Ethiopia doesn’t crater next year. Makes no sense whatsoever. Is Netflix even in Turkey?

Turkey is still 17th largest economy in the world, worth about 850 billion dollars, with more than 80 millions people. And is geographically a pretty important country : at the border of Europe. And some European banks have fairly large expositions (loans) in Turkey.
That is why it has an impact.

It's amazing how much just plain made up stuff and conjecture is out there right now (even from the NYT the last two days)

It's amazing how many people are writing about Tesla and don't own one and are thus missing a huge piece of the puzzle (what the product actually is like)

It's amazing the disconnect between the news (Elon is tweeting! Tesla in chaos!) and the reality (M3s are popping out, everyone that drives a Tesla wants one, have had two for two years and never going back, supercharger network is locking people in)

And the most amazing - people are actually trading on information this "we really have no idea what is going on but we'll write something anyway to get clicks" news.

I had a friend sell at 300 declaring - I've read the news, it's over!

Then Q2 results came out.

And today, things are going down, why? Because all you see out there right now is Elon Tweeting! Tesla Chaos!

When the reality is: Elon and Tesla all feel confident enough to explore other options than this crazy public market fueled by the click bait free for all the media has become because of the open internet.

They feel confident. They want to take their ball and go home. Money is definitely out there to make this happen.

But you'll never see that story.
What's truly amazing is how easily amazed you are!

All of this stuff is perfectly normal. You don't have to like it, but you might as well accept it and deal with it.

I think it’s clear now that Musk screwed up. The worse that could happen from an investment standpoint is he could be out as CEO and maybe taken out completely. Followed by Cash outflow due to investor lawsuits.

Really disappointed myself since Tesla had a lot of positive momentum after Q2. Musk has lamented about drama around Tesla but lately it’s all about him
LOL. What has he screwed up?

Ah I see. Well there are many good books for valuation, but it's part valuation and part psychology...so it is extemeext hard to predict.

You misunderstand. I’m just talking about how trades of various kinds make the SP go up or down. People have been arguing and discussing for days how this option and that option and shorting and buying etc... make the SP go up and down. And there’s no concensus on that. None.

You misunderstand. I’m just talking about how trades of various kinds make the SP go up or down. People have been arguing and discussing for days how this option and that option and shorting and buying etc... make the SP go up and down. And there’s no concensus on that. None.
Seems like it's super tough to trace it that far down. Unless it's a large volume it's going to be tough.

That is the frustrating part about this to me. The stock was building some solid momentum after Q2 ER with model 3 production continuing to increase. Elon's tweet exploded that momentum into lots of uncertainty, and the market just loves that.
BUT... his short term goal could be not building the stock momentum, but containing it, so the deal can be accomplished with less funding.

Reactions: neroden
Streetinsider.com on Twitter

Tesla $TSLA Coverage Discontinued at Goldman, Says Acting as Financial Advisor

Tesla (NASDAQ: TSLA) rating being dropped to Not Rated at Goldman Sachs as analyst David Tamberrino tells clients his firm is acting as a financial advisor "with a matter that is fundamental to the reasonable analysis" of the company. The analyst had a Sell recommendation as the most recent research note.

Musk may have jumped the gun a bit, but he was right in the end.
Isn't that pretty much the story with... well, everything about him and his companies? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.