Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty clear that a big boat-load of Teslas arrived in Norway recently as deliveries have ramped-up considerably over the last week.

Tesla Registration Stats

Q1 is typically not a massive quarter, was around 1000 cars last year, but if March daily deliveries continue at this pace then they'll be 50% higher, or more...

Everything red right now? What's that??
Trump's trade war starting?

• Funny
Reactions: generalenthu
I'm excited to see Musk's compensation package approved. He now has a mandate to grow the company to $650B within ten years. So if I know Elon, he has plotted this out already. He will want to position Tesla now for that ten-year growth. So I am expecting to see some big announcements soon.

I also think Elon will become more attentive to swatting down the FUDsters.

You kind of have to. Calibrations and such are going to go way out of wack during shipment.
In my line of work I used to have to ship heavy industrial equipment globally, here are things that could go wrong.
  • parts shaken loose from shipping vibration, very common
  • parts damaged during disassembly/packing/reassembly, not uncommon
  • forgot to pack power cable that fits US plug
  • forgot to pack special interface cables with other tools/PCs
  • forgot to configure tool for destination's power input (could cause serious damage to machine in some cases)
  • forgot to set interface to English and no one at the destination knows the language of the origin
  • forgot to send username/password to log into the system
  • improper mechanical bracing causing structural damage in shipping
  • improper packaging, moisture got in, cause rust/mold damage in shipping
None of these are likely if everyone do their job, some of them are really stupid, or may only cause a few hour delay, but you just can't count on everything being right 100%, and little things add up

The orange imbecile boasted a lot about the markets rising under his regime, will be do the same as it all crashes and burns?

If he ruins world-economy by a trade-war, then he can boast about hurting the Chinese economy and their exports.
He is going to forget about the damage done to Wall street, he always focuses on a single aspect and never looks at the big picture, thats his standard operational method -- which always backfires, but he doesnt care.

If he ruins world-economy by a trade-war, then he can boast about hurting the Chinese economy and their exports.
He is going to forget about the damage done to Wall street, he always focuses on a single aspect and never looks at the big picture, thats his standard operational method -- which always backfires, but he doesnt care.

Wars require two parties. If one party raises tariffs, why should the other one pickup a gun and shoot their big toe off? To prove they are tough? Why not just negotiate fair trade. Pretty simple idea.

Per comments made by EM, this was already working in Germany. So it should
I'm excited to see Musk's compensation package approved. He now has a mandate to grow the company to $650B within ten years. So if I know Elon, he has plotted this out already. He will want to position Tesla now for that ten-year growth. So I am expecting to see some big announcements soon.

I also think Elon will become more attentive to swatting down the FUDsters.
I voted for it and glad to see it pass. But, did you really think his current ownership position wasn' enough incentive not to grow company and respond to FUD?

I voted for it and glad to see it pass. But, did you really think his current ownership position wasn' enough incentive not to grow company and respond to FUD?
Why even bother to be involved with FUD/Shorts? This is all short term crap that is sorted out by results. I think he rather focuses on getting stuff right than trying to silence FUDsters, Whatever he does, there will be a FUDster to use that action for his doomsday fantasy. So why bother?

how about we focus on more important things...like making sure everything we say is gender neutral?

versus the Brussels embiciles with the 10% tariffs on USA cars

Well all this was supposed to be removed with TTIP, but those talks broke-down and were never resumed.

I think it's better to negotiate something than throw your toys out of the pram and do something illogical and draconian.

Norway did not get excempted. Even though USA have a trade surplus , mainly because of Tesla and F35.

Although not a Member State, being part of European Free Trade Association means that Norway is essentially part of the European Single Market, so I'm pretty sure, but not certain, that they are not permitted to have a monolateral agreement with the USA.

Status
Not open for further replies.