Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I volunteer to take on moderating / cleaning up this thread IF the powers-that-be are ok with me simply deleting every post in this thread that isn't related to market action, TSLA, or Tesla.

100% serious. This used to be a valuable resource. Now it's a chore to spend time wading through pages and pages to find some informative posts.
That would be awesome.
Please just move the posts to something like a social chat thread.
Thanks for your offer!

First, NASDAQ is the index to use.

Second, dividend-adjusted prices must be used.

Third, the risk in Tesla and its insane volatility need to be incorporated.

I'll put it nicely... your analysis is incomplete.
dude sell the stock and move to the better ones. Indeed there are plenty of other stocks more appropriate for retail tradings. You have huge volatility here, illogical trades, somebody spendings 100mln to supress the stock, the war of CEO vs. the Wall Street etc. etc. etc.
Shortly, move out and make yourself an easier life.
"If you don't like volatility don't buy TSLA". It is that simple.

Where this primadonna syndrome is coming from. Incredible.

I think we have started the second leg down of the overall market correction, and don’t know if Tesla will be able to withstand the drag. Will start buying more if we reach the fifties or forties to lower my average price.
I think as long as the macro concerns (int rates, china, saudi, brexit) are there it will affect Tesla. Also, typically there's much caution before elections... so I don't expect things to really brighten up until after that is behind us (early-mid Nov).

While we wait... and keeping with Elon's metaphors... I thought this was very cool anyway, sorry for being 90% off topic. Not another Lemur joke anyway ;)

Fact: How a dandelion floats so well (4x better than a parachute). Could it be how Tesla has survived all this turbulence thus far? It's all in his secret vortex! Full Story: Dandelion seeds create a bizarre whirlpool in the air to fly
10-18-2018 11-53-46 AM.png

$TSLA - More than just a stock, it's science!

I don't care about that thread, I didn't make it. I continue to post to be the voice of people, who probably are not on here, that truly want the 35k version and that's all they need. We waited in line, put money down on a car we hadn't seen, and believe the price they gave. It's not our fault the company ****ed up the manufacturing process.

I post to remember it's not all about what percentage the GM is. We have supposedly 12 years until the environment begins its downward spiral. I would rather see more EVs on the road than higher GMs.....
I think Elon could have/should have communicated the rollout better. He should have stated that the SR starts at $35k and the LR starts at $49k and we'll be rolling out the LR first. That's all he needed to say to manage expectations.

On a (even) more serious note, I find it surprising that the financial world as a whole is not ecstatic about a company that has so much demand that they have the luxury of only selling their highest margin variants.

The quite bullish CEO of Ark Invest did to some limited extent point to this important fact when asked about a 30 k$ Model 3:
Cathie Wood on Tesla Yahoo October 13, 2018 - Streamable
(about 3 minutes in).
$20 billion capital raise? Elon has said Tesla is self-sustainable.

I volunteer to take on moderating / cleaning up this thread IF the powers-that-be are ok with me simply deleting every post in this thread that isn't related to market action, TSLA, or Tesla.

100% serious. This used to be a valuable resource. Now it's a chore to spend time wading through pages and pages to find some informative posts.

I wonder what that thread would be made of: "SP is flat", "SP is going up", "SP is down", "Will it keep rising?", "I bet it will gain a few % more", "Oh so the SP is still moving?", "Is it after market hours already?"...

Perhaps it might reinvigorate other threads, or just prevent new topic to arise and kill the conversation.

Anyway, I have no idea what I'd do with an exclusive "market action" thread when I can Google "TSLA" and get the stock price in real time without the futile comments.

Enough talking, it's getting late and I have a thrilling, 6h-long movie to watch:

back at S&P 2775 and Nasdaq 7500, starting to get tired of this volatil market
Volatility is probably here to stay. Markets all over the world are performing badly. Now even the US market, which is still by far the strongest, is showing some weakness. If major indexes stay below the 200 moving average for too long we are probably headed lower.
Earnings so far have been great and the US economy is in very good shape, however the market is often a leading indicator and earnings may not matter much in the current climate. I hope I am wrong.
Anyone care to speculate on what a profitable TSLA looks like in a bear market? Lower uptrend, flat, or dragged downward by a falling broader market?
It would probably go down with the market. Riskier, highly valued growth stocks don't do well in a bear market.

• Informative
Reactions: Cherry Wine
I wonder what that thread would be made of "SP is flat", "SP is going up", "SP is down", "Will it keep rising", "I bet it will gain 1% or more", "I'm surprised the SP is moving this quickly", etc.

Perhaps it might reinvigorate other thread (with a dedicated topic) or just prevent new topic to arise. Anyway, I have no idea what I'd do with an exclusive "market action" thread when I can Google "TSLA" and watch the actual stock price.

Enough talking, it's getting late and I have a thrilling movie to watch:

I'm of the opinion that just about anything related to Tesla as a business is probably fine in this thread as it is somewhat relevant. For example, Karen's posts about possible disaster risks to the new China factory location. That seems relevant to me.

Of course, everyone is going to have their own view on where the line should be drawn. I find posts from Curt, PapaFox, FactChecking, etc to be very valuable and I'd like to read more of those.

From memory, recent discussions in this thread have included: arguments about global warming and flat Earth, attacks on other members, discussion of hardware CPU / GPU design, discussion of how neural nets work, and plenty other topics. It's like people don't understand that forum software is designed to handle multiple topics, each having their own thread, in order to facilitate users choosing which conversation topic they want to view and participate in.

There are many versions of this story following the privatization tweets, particularly when Elon indicated it was all but certain, other than a shareholder vote. That got my attention. Elon has a history of not giving up when he goes after something. Those were things that very much factored in my decision to go all in and increase leverage when I would normally decrease it, at such high stock levels relative to the trading range. I got absolutely crushed and it was a costly and huge lesson learned. I have had a core TSLA investment for several years that is up modestly but I was very successfully swing trading TSLA until those tweets. I realize there is no sympathy for TSLA swing traders, but the fact is that a huge number of people were affected by those tweets.
As I understand Musk didn't consult first major shareholders. At least not in July. That was the only real mistake he made.

I'm of the opinion that just about anything related to Tesla as a business is probably fine in this thread as it is somewhat relevant. For example, Karen's posts about possible disaster risks to the new China factory location. That seems relevant to me.

Of course, everyone is going to have their own view on where the line should be drawn. I find posts from Curt, PapaFox, FactChecking, etc to be very valuable and I'd like to read more of those.

From memory, recent discussions in this thread have included: arguments about global warming and flat Earth, attacks on other members, discussion of hardware CPU / GPU design, discussion of how neural nets work, and plenty other topics. It's like people don't understand that forum software is designed to handle multiple topics, each having their own thread, in order to facilitate users choosing which conversation topic they want to view and participate in.

It's almost as if conversations have a branching structure instead of a linear one. Unlike this single linear thread. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.