Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanksgiving in the USA is coming up. THAT is going to be major for the Tesla marketing effort. There will be many, many Model 3's travelling long distances to family reunions and lots of discussion about how good it is, and lots of demos and test drives. The kind of marketing Audi, Ford, BMW, Chevy, Jaguar, Mercedes and all of the rest of them can't buy - positive word of mouth.

I believe today will continue the TSLA rally. Up another percent or two into the weekend.

Hopefully the SCs can handle all those cars, because long lines will provide ammo for the shorters.

• Helpful
Reactions: saniflash
Jobs report beat; on one hand it's a sign the economy is strong, recession not near (bullish); on the other it means things are probably overheating and hence Fed is more likely to raise in Dec (bearish). Looks like market is trying to figure out how to play it today

Jobs report beat; on one hand it's a sign the economy is strong, recession not near (bullish); on the other it means things are probably overheating and hence Fed is more likely to raise in Dec (bearish). Looks like market is trying to figure out how to play it today
Yep. Looks like the biggest risk for the market continues to be a hawkish Fed. This jobs report certainly won't change the Feds mind on that.

Reactions: dqd88
I think today will be red by the end, to wipe out short term call options. But next two weeks will be fight over 360 and this will be harsh. Because if it will be pushed higher then new high will come shortly. So I will be buying around 360 to help fight shorts, I think closer to 360 there will be very hard push from shorts by all means they have. So I also suggest to step up and fight at around 360 levels.

I think today will be red by the end, to wipe out short term call options. But next two weeks will be fight over 360 and this will be harsh. Because if it will be pushed higher then new high will come shortly. So I will be buying around 360 to help fight shorts, I think closer to 360 there will be very hard push from shorts by all means they have. So I also suggest to step up and fight at around 360 levels.
You are completely ignoring the mid-term elections next week. Macros will largely determine where TSLA goes.

Reactions: AMN and SpaceCash
Yep. Looks like the biggest risk for the market continues to be a hawkish Fed. This jobs report certainly won't change the Feds mind on that.
not to poopoo any strong jobs report, but this report captures seasonal hiring by UPS, FEDEX and AMZN which totals over 320K jobs.. that is a TON and more than any past year and would have certainly pushed a 188K expectation high. Most of those roll of by end of Dec, so Jan sees a lot of terms relative to the two prior months.

• Informative
Reactions: Lucky_Man
... but has a long cargo area in the rear that when shrouded doubles as the rear taper, in order to get an extremely low drag coefficient. Extreme bonus points if the height of the rear shroud can be adjusted (with sliding walls) so you can choose between interior room (potentially with fold-up seats) or a super-low drag coefficient, based on your needs at the time.

It's like you're in my head, I've been thinking about building a pickup bed cap which does exactly that, but I don't currently have a truck so no need at the moment.

• Love
Reactions: KarenRei
It's a sly attempt to argue the stock price war goes on. Baloney. Tesla have won.

That's just Wall St for you. AAPL have won (>$1T Mkt Cap), yet their war goes on. o_O

Cheers!

NASDAQ-AAPL.2018-11-01.17-05.png

• Informative
Reactions: Carl Raymond
Actually it says "incremental capital expenditures" not "minimal capex".

So what I meant is that the minimal capex 7,000/week target looks conservative, and they might be able to reach 7,500 or 8,000/week.

But IMO the actual level doesn't even matter much: Tesla made over a billion dollars in Q3 alone, they could afford even "significant" capex. Their Model S/X/3 lines are almost literally printing money.

The level of capex mostly matters in terms of timing of future growth:
  • "minimal capex": low cost improvements with little lead time, with a time frame of "months". 4,000/week to 7,000/week is probably this.
  • "incremental capex": equipment probably already specced and ordered, buildings under construction. Time frame of "quarters". Shanghai might be an example of this.
  • "capex": long lead time of at least a year. I'd expect the Model Y to be this.

not to poopoo any strong jobs report, but this report captures seasonal hiring by UPS, FEDEX and AMZN which totals over 320K jobs.. that is a TON and more than any past year and would have certainly pushed a 188K expectation high. Most of those roll of by end of Dec, so Jan sees a lot of terms relative to the two prior months.
The jobs reports are usually seasonally adjusted.

Status
Not open for further replies.