Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe it isn't strong, simply that dividends are weak for the sector average as well? Agree it seems odd though, it's a "0" :D
There are companies where you have to pay a dividend to the company every year. Atleast Tesla doesn't demand that !

As the saying goes, in Soviet Russia, people pay dividends to the company.

Tesla (TSLA) surpasses BMW’s valuation as one soars and the other slips

'Funny' story about BMW. I used to own a 2006 BMW M3 (actually used to own earlier 1995 model as well). At a $60K+ purchase price, I thought this would be my 'last' car. A friend spent over $100k to buy a circa-2013 Model S P85. I thought he was crazy.. until 2 years later, when I test drove a Tesla. I traded in the M3 for a 2015 S P90D (over 2x the price of the M3). Then, in 2017, purchased an S P100D for the extra range and the possibility of FSD with autopilot 2.5 (and free lifetime supercharging, before it went away). The 2015 went to another family member. I love the hatchback, the huge amount of storage, and the fact that the S is an excellent highway cruiser (as I got older, I don't attempt to drive the S like I used to drive the more nimble M3, thankfully).

Every couple of months I get a letter from my former BMW salesman asking me if they can get me into a new BMW. I've been tempted to reply that I've since bought two Teslas that each cost 2x the price of the M3 bought in 2006. But I never wrote it.

Seems like BMW was betting on Tesla's failure and found out the hard way that the market is shifting much more rapidly than anyone had thought. Which other automaker is next?

'Funny' story about BMW. I used to own a 2006 BMW M3 (actually used to own earlier 1995 model as well). At a $60K+ purchase price, I thought this would be my 'last' car. A friend spent over $100k to buy a circa-2013 Model S P85. I thought he was crazy.. until 2 years later, when I test drove a Tesla. I traded in the M3 for a 2015 S P90D (over 2x the price of the M3). Then, in 2017, purchased an S P100D for the extra range and the possibility of FSD with autopilot 2.5 (and free lifetime supercharging, before it went away). The 2015 went to another family member. I love the hatchback, the huge amount of storage, and the fact that the S is an excellent highway cruiser (as I got older, I don't attempt to drive the S like I used to drive the more nimble M3, thankfully).

Every couple of months I get a letter from my former BMW salesman asking me if they can get me into a new BMW. I've been tempted to reply that I've since bought two Teslas that each cost 2x the price of the M3 bought in 2006. But I never wrote it.

Seems like BMW was betting on Tesla's failure and found out the hard way that the market is shifting much more rapidly than anyone had thought. Which other automaker is next?

I think you should respond to BMW. They need to hear this. It may help them wake up to the fact that electric is the way to go.

Motorcycle shaped electric scooters are a big deal in China. They sell in huge numbers. Favorite transportation for food delivery people and a huge headache for safety.

FWIW, Ford already had their hands in scooters (although a bit closer to motorcycle-like than the stuff the scooter-sharing companies have), through licensing their name to Ojo: OjO Electric Introduces An Exciting New Lineup Of Ford Branded Smart E-Scooters At CES 2018

(I feel like the Ojo scooters are in an uncanny valley of form factor and legality, tbh... no pedals means that they're not e-bikes in many jurisdictions, but they don't give any particular advantages over a similarly-priced e-bike, unlike the smaller, foldable scooters that the dockless rental companies use, and are available for sale for far less money.)

TSLA super strong this morning. Broke resistance at 351 and 355. 362 is next.

Resistance is Futile ! Shorts will be assimilated*!

Here comes the TSLA Borg...
elon-borg-4.png

ps: @Alphacrux beat me to it.
* Just ask Andrew Left from Citron

Last edited:
I respond to letters like this every chance I can. So satisfying to tell these other dealers we all drive Tesla and likely will never buy anything but a Tesla.

This looks like a typical day that starts out strong but fades away in the afternoon. Not unlikely to get back to $348. (Especially considering the TMC-enthusiasm-meter is a perfect contra-indicator)

Not true.

First of all we already had a higher high today like in the previous days which is very positive given the long $100 run up. Secondly momentum counts and although a set back would be justified we only see one direction these days and that is up. A lower level test would only be to confirm the run up anyway.

Last not least with every $ up we make more shorts nervous and some will decide to realizer losses rather than having another sleepless night. That will fuel the up movement even more.

Given the crazy high amount of shorts a squeeze cannot be ruled out but I believe its almost impossible to predict if at all and when. Situation of a squeeze is kind of complex.

IMO a continues up run is more healthy and stable too. A squeeze may turn a crazy jump and then we see it fall down to still higher levels but that would attract day traders and shorts as well as option trader again causing volatility.

This board has only be overoptimistic with some members predicting high jumps in a short timeframe.

So far looking at that what I call consensus here its been all happening and there is more to come.

Patience .... lean back and enjoy the show!

Tesla .png

Status
Not open for further replies.