Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have my doubts this stock will ever "pop" for a couple years. Instead, I foresee this ongoing vicious battle but with a constant rise overall until the other industry players in automotive come out with competitive EVs to level the field a bit.

Patience, IMHO.

FUD primarily works against "story" stocks, which $TSLA was for almost a decade.

Q3 ended that and shorts got a "check", and I believe Q4 could be the "checkmate".

There is just no known force in the universe that can keep investors away from a company with two successful Q-10's in a row, which financials falsify all the prior FUD.

In fact Q3 alone almost resulted in a checkmate: l believe the only reason we haven't seen a new all-time high yet are external factors: a 20% correction on the NASDAQ, tariff and Fed uncertainties. If we add back the 20% NASDAQ loss alone we'd be at $410-ish levels.

This week's price action was just the usual thievery from the usual suspects, in thin holliday liquidity. I wouldn't be surprised if in a few months Goldman Sachs became one of the biggest $TSLA bulls.

But first there's Fed and Brexit bumps in the road.

Totally not advice.

Last edited:
upload_2018-12-19_11-14-41.gif

My stock charts right now.

So my take is the big rise was people buying up in anticipation of the Fed announcing they wouldn't raise rates...then when they did, they were all "skrrrrttt!'

They also lowered their 2019 GDP forecast. Maybe that's why:

FOMC releases central tendency projections from December meeting -- 2019 GDP outlook lowered to 2.3-2.5% versus 2.4-2.7% Sep est; sees FY19 fed funds rate between 2.6-3.1% versus 2.9-3.4% Sep est

It happens all the time to airplanes. Happened once to a plane I was on. (Pan Am 747 in Honolulu. John McEnroe was on board heading to the Australian Open at the peak of his career. I got to see one of his famous meltdowns in person.) Look closely at the original twitter photo, I don't have time to track it down again.

Nice name drop. Loved McEnroe, but loved Lendl more. Followed tennis real close when it was McEnroe, Borg, Lendl, Connors...great era of tennis.

Status
Not open for further replies.