Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OT

this SOUNDS great on paper, but from people i know who have attempted to do this exact thing ... it is a nightmare. they have told me they would have been way ahead to just import the parts from the USA, as getting Chinese factories to reproduce the parts to spec at a usable quality level was incredibly time consuming and in the end a much more expensive route.

So expect a delay of a year in mass production from the Chinese Gigafactory, due to early horrible quality problems with suppliers. Does this sound familiar to anyone from previous Tesla ramp-ups?

(As in, we've dealt with that before, it's OK)

Last edited:
Just thought I`d mention that the Norway year-end push seems to have burnt out a bit early.

After being in the 70s-80s per day, it shot up to 120-140, but yesterday it was only 68 and today we have 16 with roughly half of the business day gone. Unless it picks up again, the quarter should end in the 1700-1800 range as opposed to the previous two quarters being in the 2200 range. Not terrible, but lower, back to Q1 level.

Then again, I think expect Tesla has heavily focused on the US this quarter due to the tax incentive running out, so I would expect record numbers there.

Looks like this ramped up significantly as the day progressed. As of now it's at 103 for the day (Tesla Registration Stats). The push continues!

A Tesla Model S reportedly bursts into flames twice after getting a flat tire

What an idiot. Go buy a BMW and let me know how that does.

The vehicle's owner had reportedly bought the Model S three months before the incident and driven it for 1,200 miles. He told ABC7 News that he and his family will not own another Tesla vehicle.

"If this had been in the house, and we were on vacation, and this thing caught fire in the garage, the whole house could go under," he said.

Of course the media is all over this non-story. I'd bet good money it was the tire shop that damaged the battery.

Reactions: homer214
Why are we suddenly speculating about director picks? There isn't a deadline, correct?

If I remember correctly, the search for two independent directors must begin before the 28th of December. I have a poor memory, so I could be wrong. I have the two independent directors on my list of items that may cause the SP to move.

Here is the exact language from the settlement filed 9/29/18
xPxNDHv.jpg

So it depends on the definition/requirements of the word "undertakes".

Yes, that is exactly how accrual accounting works.

I know GAAP. I'm not arguing the accounting principles.

I'm pointing out the absurdity of allowing someone to drive away with a $60,000+ product before having received the money. What if that person just disappears? What if they were using a fake identity? What if the financing was fake? etc.

For most business-to-consumer transactions, the consumer doesn't get the product until it's been paid for.

I'm also pointing out this question: "to what end?" Why would Tesla want to pull sales from Q1'19 and into Q4'18? Just makes their Q1'19 that much harder. Most investors are focused on the long-term with Tesla.

I was actually hoping the short interest had shot up after the past three days, the fact that it hasn’t adds a different lense to look at the recent price fall.

Is it possible people (institutions?) have caught on to the FUD pattern and just playing along. Almost guaranteed to pop (a bit) again in the next month, or at least some time in the next few months. So why not just go with the flow, right?

The story this time was so predictable, been written on this site a few dozen times over the past 6 months. I should have sold a bit last week when I asked ya'll, so now my gut tells me a bit lower and I'll just jump in harder with plenty of dry powder.

I have my doubts this stock will ever "pop" for a couple years. Instead, I foresee this ongoing vicious battle but with a constant rise overall until the other industry players in automotive come out with competitive EVs to level the field a bit. I think EVs already won the big oil fight, but we still have the auto resistance, especially when it comes to dealerships and unions. Too many people still want Tesla to fail. And then there's the shorts that just can't be wrong...

• Love
Reactions: neroden and Thumper
I know GAAP. I'm not arguing the accounting principles.

I'm pointing out the absurdity of allowing someone to drive away with a $60,000+ product before having received the money. What if that person just disappears? What if they were using a fake identity? What if the financing was fake? etc.

For most business-to-consumer transactions, the consumer doesn't get the product until it's been paid for.

How's your short position doing?

this SOUNDS great on paper, but from people i know who have attempted to do this exact thing ... it is a nightmare. they have told me they would have been way ahead to just import the parts from the USA, as getting Chinese factories to reproduce the parts to spec at a usable quality level was incredibly time consuming and in the end a much more expensive route.

Not what I’ve heard. Like in any country there will be crap companies and quality companies. My Chinese ‘connections’ say that China LOVES Tesla. Surely we get evidence of the fact in that Tesla is the first auto mfger to get into China without a Chinese partner. How’d Elon pull that off?! Anyway, all that should make it easy for Tesla to have their pick of the litter of Chinese suppliers.

Last edited:

The vehicle's owner had reportedly bought the Model S three months before the incident and driven it for 1,200 miles. He told ABC7 News that he and his family will not own another Tesla vehicle.

"If this had been in the house, and we were on vacation, and this thing caught fire in the garage, the whole house could go under," he said.

Of course the media is all over this non-story. I'd bet good money it was the tire shop that damaged the battery.

Its in many cases hard for people to admit that they did something really stupid and its their own fault. Much better for their reputation they believe to claim its been Tesla as they will get a lot of applause even if years later its proven they did something completely wrong.

Batteries just do not react well on bullets....

Tesla driver who settled when his car caught fire forgot to mention someone shot the battery with a gun
Tesla says someone fired a bullet into battery pack of a Model S that caught on fire

Another story just happened in Geneva where an S driver on AP hit a standing vehicle on a highway and now sues Tesla although the exactly same situation has been sentenced in Switzerland a few months ago in favor of Tesla.

It can help to read the AP instructions ....

OT

Car was reportedly towed to tire shop and caught fire outside it.
I'm guessing if they had been on vacation, the car would not have gotten a flat and been towed to their house.

Status
Not open for further replies.