Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Adam Jonas at Morgan Stanley is a whackjob. This number is clearly too high for a business which doesn't exist yet. He was also attributing $0 to Tesla Energy, which is clearly a bit too low for a buisness which built the Big Battery in South Australia.
I agree the Mobility number is crazy. But Jonas is good for some things. He was the closest on Q1 M3s, predicting 8,000 when the actual was 8,180.

• Informative
Reactions: SW2Fiddler
Which is a bit weird because that would be depreciation of only $500M on a yearly basis. Today their D&A non cash adjustements are in the order of $1.5B or so. Comparatively I would have expected the Model 3 D&A to even proportionally higher since it's (supposedly) manufactured less labor and more capital resource intensive than the S/X. I don't quite know how to square it all.
Depreciation on Powerpack/Powerwall and Solar Roof are probably pretty high. Solar Roof has at least some equipment writeoffs. There's also depreciation on other miscellanea, I suspect.

Reactions: EinSV
Again with her unnamed sources who I assume to be UAW inspired. This type of incident happens every day at factories including other car factories. Yet when it happens at Tesla it suits this reporter's agenda. It's rather inconsequential, and as I would have expected apparently not affecting the share price. I would comment in her Twitter account, but she has blocked me from reading or replying there. I've been told she tweeted that she had blocked me due to an unwelcome direct message. I have never communicated with anyone by direct message on Twitter. In any event, others at TMC may want to reply to her on Twitter.
Personally I'm a little disappointed that Lora didn't try harder to link the recent shutdown to this fire. So many angles she could play with :rolleyes:

Again with her unnamed sources who I assume to be UAW inspired. This type of incident happens every day at factories including other car factories. Yet when it happens at Tesla it suits this reporter's agenda. It's rather inconsequential, and as I would have expected apparently not affecting the share price. I would comment in her Twitter account, but she has blocked me from reading or replying there. I've been told she tweeted that she had blocked me due to an unwelcome direct message. I have never communicated with anyone by direct message on Twitter. In any event, others at TMC may want to reply to her on Twitter.
I saw the author and closed my window immediately.

Yeah, that's well documented: everyone thinks they're a good driver, whether they're good or terrible. I'm an exception. I actually used to be one of the best drivers on the road, as judged by third parties... then I got PTSD treatment and I'm a much worse driver. :-( I can tell. So there's my tip: severe PTSD makes you a better driver. (Sigh.)

In a traffic school of > 400 people, 80% rated themselves as a 7 or above and only one person rated himself at a 5 or below.

• Funny
Reactions: EinSV
So 4 fires since 2014. We knew about the April, 2018 one, previous ones were January, 2016 or older.

Does anybody remember when they moved to the new paint shop? I'm pretty sure it was after January, 2016, so were the three previous fires in the old paint shop and have no relevance to the current setup?

Ok, ok. I can account for at least one of the fires: https://www.instagram.com/p/BatG-8EDxJv/

(I know, it's the GF, not Fremont.)

Just returned from International Ctr., Mississauga (think Toronto, ON, Canada) where I dropped off my vanity plate for their registration process. M3s everywhere. One of the Staff said they were delivering to Customers 180 M3 per day at this location alone. It's happening people!

Be sure to add these numbers to InsideEVs monthly guesstimate report which is USA figures only.

Just returned from International Ctr., Mississauga (think Toronto, ON, Canada) where I dropped off my vanity plate for their registration process. M3s everywhere. One of the Staff said they were delivering to Customers 180 M3 per day at this location alone. It's happening people!

Be sure to add these numbers to InsideEVs monthly guesstimate report which is USA figures only.
That's helpful. Do you know if they're open 5 or 7 days per week?

Reactions: Lessmog
Yeah, that's well documented: everyone thinks they're a good driver, whether they're good or terrible. I'm an exception. I actually used to be one of the best drivers on the road, as judged by third parties... then I got PTSD treatment and I'm a much worse driver. :-( I can tell. So there's my tip: severe PTSD makes you a better driver. (Sigh.)

Worth the trade though?

Status
Not open for further replies.