Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tesla workers say the factory paint shop is a mess and fires are worse than Tesla let on Tesla workers say the factory paint shop is a mess and fires are worse than Tesla let on
Seems like usually released it’s Fridays around noon? This is really getting personal.
You can always tell when it is a hit piece when it is a couple of hours before market close on a Friday, in an attempt for shorts to cover. It’s so obvious, it’s a wonder that anyone actually falls for it. I’m confident by this point that all the negative news media is a coordinated effort for institutional buyers to load up on Tesla cheap, scare weak retail buyers, and then profit. It’s just too coordinated and timed at this point.

Tesla workers say the factory paint shop is a mess and fires are worse than Tesla let on Tesla workers say the factory paint shop is a mess and fires are worse than Tesla let on
Seems like usually released it’s Fridays around noon? This is really getting personal.

So 4 fires since 2014. We knew about the April, 2018 one, previous ones were January, 2016 or older.

Does anybody remember when they moved to the new paint shop? I'm pretty sure it was after January, 2016, so were the three previous fires in the old paint shop and have no relevance to the current setup?

It’s always been personal. But I think it’s beginning to get ineffective. Journalism, like all things, is subject to the laws of economics— in this case, diminishing marginal utility. The more often readers see sensationalist doomsday articles from CNBC, the less they are affected by them. Two months ago, an article like this would have pushed the SP down $5-10. Today, it looks like only $2-3 down.

This is some hedge funds' standard operation. They use this tactic to affect the weekly option price. Sometimes they prepare several hit pieces, they even pre-determine the exact time to air which piece at which channel. CNBC is one of their favorite. A few years ago I watched a video that explained how exactly they do this.

Seems to me they prepared this piece a while ago. They can't just write something up last night and get Tesla's comment this morning. They waited until the noon of Friday to air it. Also they hope to hit it below the 50 day moving average so they can get some help from programmed trading. Just my guess. Also it's the mid Bollinger band...

Last edited:
You can always tell when it is a hit piece when it is a couple of hours before market close on a Friday, in an attempt for shorts to cover. It’s so obvious, it’s a wonder that anyone actually falls for it. I’m confident by this point that all the negative news media is a coordinated effort for institutional buyers to load up on Tesla cheap, scare weak retail buyers, and then profit. It’s just too coordinated and timed at this point.
It really is at a point where Tesla "news" seems so contrived it's comical. Before you even read the article, you know who will have written it, and who published it. The fact that this is THE top story at CNBC right now is bizarre to say the least.

Screen Shot 2018-06-01 at 12.20.22 PM.jpg

It really is at a point where Tesla "news" seems so contrived it's comical. Before you even read the article, you know who will have written it, and who published it. The fact that this is THE top story at CNBC right now is bizarre to say the least.

View attachment 305576

For me the news is that it doesn't seem to have material impact in the SP as in the past. Unless the SP was meant to climb close to $300 today, which I doubt; as the news about the TM3 cost and 6,250 units sold in US in May have been almost ignored in mainstream media.

Let's see which position it gets in the top USA Car Sales for May. I bet it will be in the Top 20 for the first time, although lower than estimated in this article one month ago:

Tesla Model 3 = #21 Best Selling Car In USA. #15 In May? #6 In June Or July? | CleanTechnica

Myopic view by these bloggers IMO. These articles hurts short term and makes Tesla and EM even more determined therefore building unintentional moat and hardens Tesla fans.

They say purchases are made on emotion right? Well I’m getting so angry by all these hit pieces, it’s making me want to justify ordering a dual motor M3 rather than wait for SR version. It would be a stretch financially but I want to support the company. Already all in on stock.

Really? How do you know that? I’m not saying you’re wrong, it’s just surprising. Cell formulation is complex chemistry and physics. I know Tesla built a world class cell testing facility and have contracted with a world class cell testing professor (Jeffrey Dahn), but actually doing lab experiments on cell chemistry, that’s a different ball of wax. I find it very hard to believe Tesla had such a lab in 2011 when the Model S 18650 cell was being formulated.

I suppose it could be their IP in that they paid Panasonic to do the R&D work to formulate the cell, that would be possible...
I remembered that at some point, a long time ago, Tesla had specifically said that they had their own proprietary battery chemistry manufactured by Panasonic. I tracked it down to a presentation from 2011! (by putting "site:ir.tesla.com proprietary chemistry" into Google). The powerpoint is attached below... it was so much fun to look at it. But anyway it confirms:
Unique Chemistry. • Proprietary Cathode.

Attachments

• Company_Overview_Q3_2011.pdf
    2.1 MB · Views: 97
Its another moat and assuming they develop together a breakthrough like with the Cobalt Cathode that know-how could Panasonic just use for all other customers and makes money with what maybe Tesla invented. Elon does state that he does not believe in moats but what he really did say is "never ever stop inventing and you are safe". They disclose to the competition more than others would do anyway.

$28k and 2.8% are two figures the R&D departments of all Automakers are nightmare dreaming about now and will work towards as the new benchmark. Today they do not know how to go there and once they achieved it in a few years Tesla will disclose that they now work with 0% cobalt and an even lower number for material, production and labour.
One could say, Musk believes in wakes, not moats.

Last time I saw a number from Morgan Stanley, they attributed $196 per share to Tesla Mobility.
Adam Jonas at Morgan Stanley is a whackjob. This number is clearly too high for a business which doesn't exist yet. He was also attributing $0 to Tesla Energy, which is clearly a bit too low for a buisness which built the Big Battery in South Australia.

View attachment 305576

Again with her unnamed sources who I assume to be UAW inspired. This type of incident happens every day at factories including other car factories. Yet when it happens at Tesla it suits this reporter's agenda. It's rather inconsequential, and as I would have expected apparently not affecting the share price. I would comment in her Twitter account, but she has blocked me from reading or replying there. I've been told she tweeted that she had blocked me due to an unwelcome direct message. I have never communicated with anyone by direct message on Twitter. In any event, others at TMC may want to reply to her on Twitter.

That would make sense to me. People tend to have high confidence in their own ability to drive.
Yeah, that's well documented: everyone thinks they're a good driver, whether they're good or terrible. I'm an exception. I actually used to be one of the best drivers on the road, as judged by third parties... then I got PTSD treatment and I'm a much worse driver. :-( I can tell. So there's my tip: severe PTSD makes you a better driver. (Sigh.)

Status
Not open for further replies.