Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I expected this year's shareholder meeting to give the stock a nice boost. Therefore I uncharacteristically bought June 8 TSLA 295 calls on Tuesday afternoon. Still have them. About 40 minutes ago @option_snipper bought this week's TSLA 320 calls and next week's 330 calls.

Nice work Curt! As a poster who's replies I follow closely, I would agree, seems a bit out of character, so extra good on you! What are they up per cent wise (no need to reply if do not want, just I always seem to have a hard time finding historical option pricing).

Interesting article from the Guardian just showed up on my LinkedIn feed today:

Avoiding meat and dairy is ‘single biggest way’ to reduce your impact on Earth

“A vegan diet is probably the single biggest way to reduce your impact on planet Earth, not just greenhouse gases, but global acidification, eutrophication, land use and water use,” said Joseph Poore, at the University of Oxford, UK, who led the research. “It is far bigger than cutting down on your flights or buying an electric car,” he said, as these only cut greenhouse gas emissions."
sorry for being OFF thread but "it's the Graun" take no notice----the biggest way to reduce "your impact" is to stop breeding---- more than 2 kids is socially irresponsible, but not very P.C. so you won't see that in there -----wonder how many J P's got?
Even better would be to adopt a kid.
indeed, a capital suggestion but I'm now too old even for a cat, or dog

Based on that NTSB description, veteran users of AP will understand exactly what happened:

1. Model X was following a lead car.
2. That lead car was in the "non-travel lane", finally realized their mistake, and moved over at 7 seconds prior to the crash. That's why the steering begin to shift left--it was trying to follow the lead car, but saw the lane markings and then stopped following the lead car.
3. Model X then sped up to driver's set speed as it wasn't following a lead car anymore.
4. When a lead car changes lanes, AP can take a little extra time for the radar to lock on a new target (and stationary targets will be disregarded). That's a time where the driver needs to be paying extra-close attention. Same issue with the firetruck. AP following a car, car changes lanes, AP car runs into firetruck.

Recommendations:

1. Driver must stay engaged.
2. Tesla should work on rapid acquisition of stationary objects in radar's path of travel.
3. CalTran needs to update their road markings and improve signage/safety in that area.

Note that this scenario (lead car changes lanes to reveal a hazard) is explicitly covered in the manual. While Tesla should work on it, I wouldn't be too concerned about restrictive action. He who follows not the manual may experience negative results.

Case closed.

This is the second time I've closed an NTSB Autopilot investigation early for them. I think they need to start paying me.
This sounds very likely to me from the data we have seen. One thing Tesla could do that would be very helpful in this situation where the lead car moves over and the car tries to find it's bearings again is to sound an alert any time it is having trouble finding the lane and shifts to following a lead car. This happens pretty seamlessly as it is now so that the driver only notices if he looks at the display and sees the car ahead colored in blue. That is a situation where the driver needs to be particularly attentive because the Autopilot is having difficulty identifying the lane. It's one of the worst times for the driver to zone out. If the car would sound an alert for the driver, it could help make sure the driver is focusing attention on the road in this risky situation. That would be an easy, inexpensive implementation that could save lives when this situation occurs.

Serious question, how many times do you need to see him throw a childish tantrum swearing never to come back before you realize he has some major issues?

Once. I remember his very first post talking about how much money he had lost and implied he was putting substantial amounts in TSLA now.

In a premature effort to appear wise to my students I constructed an elaborate series of laws, immodestly called the rules of wholistic analysis. The primary one was a mix of Erich Fromm and Rousseau: "Everywhere people are born free, yet everywhere they are looking for chains, that is, certainty." The next two were an advice. "People tend to get into trouble when they take themselves too seriously, that is to say, not seriously enough." The corollary was offered as well: "People tend to get into trouble when they take others too seriously, that is to say, not seriously enough." Full credit to whoever started the ying/yang approach to epistemology and practically everything else.

Exited all my short term calls and threw everything into J20 400 call options, so I can stop worrying now. Back to enjoying the ride.

Interestingly enough, the call option I bought when the SP was at 311, I sold as a loss when the SP was at 325, but whatever. Due to all the buying I did when the SP was low, I'm doing well enough.

Reactions: neroden
$TSLA SP just experienced 13 and 34 EMA crossover so a slight pullback is totally expected. also temporary resistance at 200 day SMA in a few days we will be markedly higher so day to day action is best ignored at this point
A Little pullback will only embolden the shorts and entice them to double down on their losing positions and the subsequent short squeeze will be even more powerful/violent to upside

Reactions: johnnybgood888
Status
Not open for further replies.