Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Given the pictures of the overflow lot and 1000s of M3 being staged, I have a feeling thousands of people will be getting notice of VIN assignments and scheduling delivery in ~ 1 wk. Maybe the stock price doesn't move up immediately 10 days from now, but if this keeps up, the clock is running out on shorts, very quickly.

I believe in TSLA as a long term investment both for humanity/mission statement and for my overall financial benefit but for the clock to run out on the shorts we need (sorry to all) STEAK not Sizzle.

I don't want to hear that on June 30th they did 750 cars which 'translates' to 5k/week. I want to hear' we did 5k last week and this with a burst rate of 6k'. I realize that manufacturing a car is difficult and that YOY deliveries will be 100% increase. I would just like EM to actually hit, or better still exceed his guidance.

3 questions...

Did we get a gift of a notice from Elon that the current weakness in the SP is an opportunity?

The window he gave us is 3 weeks with 2 weeks left, so ...where is the support line?

and...

Who on this forum is watching the Magnussen Toyota of Palo Alto adds at the bottom of the page?

• Funny
Reactions: neroden and Yonki
It’s a shame that 5,000 has become such a target as even 3,000 or 4,000 is impressive for a car maker who is moving to mass production for the first time.

It's not impressive when Elon claimed to hit that target about 6 months ago and here we are still waiting for it to happen. If everything was going to plan, I have no doubt that TSLA share price is heading to the moon and beyond.

Given the pictures of the overflow lot and 1000s of M3 being staged, I have a feeling thousands of people will be getting notice of VIN assignments and scheduling delivery in ~ 1 wk. Maybe the stock price doesn't move up immediately 10 days from now, but if this keeps up, the clock is running out on shorts, very quickly.

Single data point. I got my VIN yesterday:)

not if you shorted shares below 300! :)

:(

(Disclaimer: Prepend "in my opinion" to all statements :) , I don't pretend to know what the price is going to do, just comment how I analyze financial markets)

If I were short, entering short around $290 on the last week of March or a bit above is the only place I see for a safe short entry recently, but only for a quick gain considering main trend was (and is) still up.

But what happened in the last week of March and first week of April is serious demand entering the market without doubt (in my opinion of course). I cannot see enough offer on top to turn down Tesla. That two weeks probably would make me consider to exit my short position but no one knows, sometimes I make the mistake to become in love of my position -it happens to me much more than I would like-.

So in case I would have kept my shorts, seeing the pretty obvious lack of offer on the last week of May (in addition to the previous huge demand) would make mandatory to exit and wait for a better entry. It is very unlikely I would fail to exit there. Not only it is not a short anymore, but in fact it is a long signal.

If after all, I am still in my short position, breaking 360 even for some $ meant the confirmation of the end of the the down movement since middle june/2017 and probable continuation of the longer term up movement.

There would still a small probability for a good exit of my shorts if the price loses 310-300 increasing the probabilities of a deeper retracement (to retrace the wole recent up movement and giving some window to exit). But not many offer entered on current top, so there are some levels before where demand could still bring up the price easily).

There is another posibility for shorts which is for the market to go up again and see much more offer entering the market. But why speculate ... it is much sane for the heart to just see what the market does and react than trying to predict, specially based on news.

Although I like Tesla goals and would like it to succeed, I am a pragmatic in terms of investment. If TSLA stops being a long, I will sell my positions.

P.S: My comments are based on a weekly TSLA chart.

• Informative
Reactions: neroden
the deliveries numbers are going to be understated for q2 bc of 200k
when july 1 hits and deliveries take off (hopefully) that will become news. considering what a leaky ship it’s been, i don’t think we’ll need to wait to first week of oct to get q3 deliveries
The numbers for US sales will be depressed, outside of the US though it will be a different story...

It's not impressive when Elon claimed to hit that target about 6 months ago and here we are still waiting for it to happen. If everything was going to plan, I have no doubt that TSLA share price is heading to the moon and beyond.

Correction: it's not *as* impressive as it would have been, but it's objectively still very impressive. Call me when the Bolt and Leaf surpass 5k/week.

Correction: it's not *as* impressive as it would have been, but it's objectively still very impressive. Call me when the Bolt and Leaf surpass 5k/week.

I was thinking the same thing, especially when you realize it was only a little over 2 years ago when Tesla decided to go for mass production at this level. When over 450,000 people put down a grand apiece in March of 2016, they realized just how popular this BEV was and made the decision to go for it. A little over a year later, the first M3's were delivered, and while production hell has lasted six or seven months longer than anticipated, they can truly see the light at the end of the tent, just a little over 2 years later. That in my opinion is phenomenal, especially given the M3, a brilliant true world car.

I'm proud of these folks, you all should be too!

The numbers for US sales will be depressed, outside of the US though it will be a different story...

understood. but outside US only includes canada right now, no? they haven’t shipped many, if any, 3s across the pond. i see plausibly:
1) early july: Q2 deliveries release (bear uses # to cry not enough - bull understands this is BS )
2) early in july: deliveries, vins, invites spike sharply
3) early august: Q2 earnings. nobody expects much, more about “cash burn” (insert bloomberg’s elon double fisting two not a flamethrowers meme) bears use as ammo, bulls hope Q3 elon keeps his promise.

2) is the key. the coverage will be sustained and scrutinized in the news. if volume good, stock will be good. if volume great, etc , bad, etc

throw in mkt conditions, trade war, shanghai free trade zone factory, blah blah

don’t doubt the effect of short skells, they will continue to attack, and will have new/improved weapons in playbook during that timeframe and more outrageous the attack. the more successful tesla performs, the more desperate and sloppy their BS, and likelihood they are exposed.

this is why it’s important for elon to ignore the media/twitter/thin-skinned nonsense, and execute.
silent assasin. like the jackson hole air force...swift silent deep (sorry, deep reference there)

This is a REAL dangerous time to try short-term trading IMHO. At some point when you least expect it, the price will take off and you'll be chasing it up, cursing yourself.

Just buy and hold for the next few weeks. Even in the short term (a few weeks) you'll still see big gains. I'm confident of that, at least.

Until convinced otherwise, a good time for a long term hold will be after Q2 earnings in my opinion. Although I am very curious what musk is talking about in a few weeks when shorts are supposed to get roasted.

Still sticking to my gut looking for 318 again in short term and hopefully benefitting from whatever musk is talking about soon thereafter.

• Informative
Reactions: 2virgule5
Until convinced otherwise, a good time for a long term hold will be after Q2 earnings in my opinion. Although I am very curious what musk is talking about in a few weeks when shorts are supposed to get roasted.

Still sticking to my gut looking for 318 again in short term and hopefully benefitting from whatever musk is talking about soon thereafter.
seems reasonable, shorts are in control for now, until they’re not.

• Funny
Reactions: DragonWatch
Status
Not open for further replies.