Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
From what I read on Twitter and on Seeking Alpha (once every 10 comments but sometimes even in the articles) the bear thesis has recently moved to hoping / praying for a SEC investigation, or an announcement of one. A SEC investigation that several bears are actively trying to trigger using lies, FUD etc, etc.

Standard Chanos playbook (Refer to Jesse's excellent thread). However, Elon is a lot smarter and has a lot more firepower on social media. In other words, they are out smarted and out gunned.

Great idea to short some companies as a downturn hedge. I think I'll try some hedging shorting Daimler and BMW.

That may actually work pretty well. I'm still wondering why VW has to pay ~30 billion and US regulators didn't say a word about Daimler or BMW Diesel engines until now. On the other hand they are already trading at a PE of 6 with a dividend yield of 5% or so.

Well folks. One of our TMC members has become famous on twitter. Liked by Elon Musk himself this clip has had 729k views, 8864 likes and 625 retweets.
What a story from an ordinary TMC member Fighting FUD with facts on twitter:

Elon Needs Our Help
Because this is a classic case of how Tesla is being lied about and manipulated.
It definitely would serve us to make sure that this is tweeted and retweeted every place we can.

Well from what I read yesterday at least one sec investigation wanted to verify that the pre orders were legit people...credit card numbers and phone numbers of each... after Tesla claimed to have 450k.
I call bull on that (not you... what you heard.). That's consumer confidential information, the SEC has no right to ask for it, and they know it. There's also no reason to believe that Tesla would lie about it, given the severe criminal penalties attached to such an act.

I call bull on that (not you... what you heard.). That's consumer confidential information, the SEC has no right to ask for it, and they know it. There's also no reason to believe that Tesla would lie about it, given the severe criminal penalties attached to such an act.
Exactly. Lying about something as public as that would be beyond idiotic.

Reactions: Lhan

You can call bull if you want, I didn't supply a source. Here it is:

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/b.../15/report-tesla-sec-investigation/108638994/

with the relevant portion as follows:

SEC documents show the commission started investigating Tesla because it believed the company might have been “making false statements of material fact or failing to disclose material facts concerning the company’s Model 3 vehicle.”

Tesla was ordered to produce company documents related to Model 3 reservations, cancellations, and deposits, including how Tesla had used or planned to use the deposit money. The SEC also demanded names and credit card numbers of customers who pre-ordered Model 3s.

MOST IMPORTANTLY:
The SEC investigation into the company ended with no enforcement action taken.

Status
Not open for further replies.