Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't knew about that and need to verify that the info is accurate.
Realistically, they wouldn't cut prices if demand was high so this is a red flag for investors.
There you go
5C805929-C7C3-4F24-93A5-C639C8EF915C.png

Attachments

• B7B912F8-D35D-4061-B0B6-BE41D00E4901.png
    B7B912F8-D35D-4061-B0B6-BE41D00E4901.png
    307.7 KB · Views: 86
You seem to have completely misunderstood what I said.
Musk claims that the payed features are convenience while at the same time , in other conversations, he claims AP increases safety. So when convenient, he claims no positive impact on safety and when AP safety is disputed , he claims it increases safety.
FSD is both convenience and safety, its commercial value is mostly from convenience gains but at maturity the robot can be 1000 times better than the best human driver.
I think taking what Elon said in M3 reveal in March 2016 is not really fair. At the time, AP2 HW wasn't even close to being out yet (Oct 2016). IIRC it wasn't until AP2 HW came out, where radar can see 2-3 cars ahead and started predicting accidents, then the safety aspect of AP became more visible. At March 2016 I think AP was still viewed as a driving feature instead of a safety feature.

That isn't a 100% fair comparison since the old price included all the extras:

$1,500 paint
$1,500 white interior
$5,000 performance upgrades
Add those to the $64k base and you come up with a new all-in price of $72k.

Which is only a little cheaper than before, but now you get to select what you want. (And not pay for something you decide to not get like paint or wheel upgrades.)

The one disappointing thing for me is that it appears the better brakes are not part of the base Performance version, they are in the upgrade pack, so maybe they only fit with the 20" wheels.

Oh I remember.

I used to fly jets in the Air Force. 500 knots just above the trees. I think I can handle the speed of this conversation.

(Actually, my Model S has much better pickup below about 60 knots, hehe).

Oh god, I love this place. I’ve been reading for years now, and have been invested stk and traded opts many more, and talk all things musk ad nauseam daily with a fellow coworkers and friends and this place is exactly like our conversations at work hahah. Glad I finally signed up to comment and rate posts. Great stuff!!!

Stay focused there burch!

question
So they locked up my current order too. I can’t adjust any longer. I was a 5am March 31 2016 line-stander at westchester mall store (east coast outside nyc) that configured a dual LR...

Do you think they locked us up becaus they have to apply in bulk any price adjustments (the pricing changes from today) and it’s a website software release...

Or is it because they’re about to issue vins and now we really can’t edit anymore bc car is imminent?
Thoughts?

Also, what’s the price now on fully loaded performance, less the 1500 all white interior?
Thanks!!

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: neroden
I think taking what Elon said in M3 reveal in March 2016 is not really fair. At the time, AP2 HW wasn't even close to being out yet (Oct 2016). IIRC it wasn't until AP2 HW came out, where radar can see 2-3 cars ahead and started predicting accidents, then the safety aspect of AP became more visible. At March 2016 I think AP was still viewed as a driving feature instead of a safety feature.

This is from 2 days ago Elon Musk on Twitter
"Critical autonomous safety features like emergency braking are standard, but convenience features like active cruise control are not"

Look, we can all agree that AP and FSD will increase safety.
Charging a huge amount of money for safety is not OK, especially when the hardware is already there. It's a software feature, 100% margins as noted in the Q1 call and relatively low attach rates. I'm a huge bull on Tesla but i'm gonna be objective.

BTW your avatar is hilarious but to some extent fuels the trolling as shown by how Musk's April Fools day joke went.Too few are well informed.

They just dropped the price on AWD and P, if they're having trouble with profitability, why that then?
Obviously, they're having a little problem in the demand department. This is the beginning of the end. Drink up, my friends.

Ah, that's as good as it gets. Draught Tesla Bear "Nobody Wants This" Pilsner.

That isn't a 100% fair comparison since the old price included all the extras:

$1,500 paint
$1,500 white interior

Which is only a little cheaper than before, but now you get to select what you want. (And not pay for something you decide to not get like paint or wheel upgrades.)

The one disappointing thing for me is that it appears the better brakes are not part of the base Performance version, they are in the upgrade pack, so maybe they only fit with the 20" wheels.
This is from 2 days ago Elon Musk on Twitter
"Critical autonomous safety features like emergency braking are standard, but convenience features like active cruise control are not"

Look, we can all agree that AP and FSD will increase safety.
Charging a huge amount of money for safety is not OK, especially when the hardware is already there. It's a software feature, 100% margins as noted in the Q1 call and relatively low attach rates. I'm a huge bull on Tesla but i'm gonna be objective.

BTW your avatar is hilarious but to some extent fuels the trolling as shown by how Musk's April Fools day joke went.Too few are well informed.

I hear you, im not huge fan of him jacking the FSD, but let’s find out why he did it first. I’ll wait to see why

I hear you, im not huge fan of him jacking the FSD, but let’s find out why he did it first. I’ll wait to see why

That aside, they likely have their own silicon maybe second half of 2019 or a bit later. That's gonna be extra interesting and a huge cost advantage over the folks that buy from the likes of Nvidia, Intel or Renesas. That's on top of the no LIDAR savings .

• Helpful
Reactions: Boomer19
$1,500 paint
$1,500 white interior

Ryan says it is still cheaper by $6k

Ryan McCaffrey on Twitter

This is crazy (in a good way)! Since I placed my order, the following things have happened:
-Bigger/better sport brakes added
-Red brake calipers added
-Aluminum pedals added ...

And the price went DOWN by $6,000. I am ECSTATIC right now!! Now I just need it in my garage!

I didn't knew about that and need to verify that the info is accurate.
Realistically, they wouldn't cut prices if demand was high so this is a red flag for investors.
It's not really accurate to say they just dropped the price on these options since they haven't actually delivered any yet. It would be different if they had been selling these for months and decided to drop the price. I think they are trying to find the ideal price points for the highest take rate is all. Hitting that point is a big win in terms of ASP.

Status
Not open for further replies.