Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Where is everyone...? Here's a nice article regarding M3 battery pack: Tesla Model 3 Has "Most Advanced Large-Scale Lithium Battery Ever Produced," Battery Expert Notes | CleanTechnica

According to a seasoned electric vehicle battery expert, Tesla Model 3’s battery pack is a true engineering marvel and work of art — as evidenced in a comprehensive Model 3 battery pack disassembly video by the renowned (and animated) EV pro Jack Rickard of EVTV.

Even though Jack has been working on electric vehicles for years, he was floored by the Model 3 battery pack noting: “this is the BEST, most ADVANCED large-scale lithium battery ever produced on [the] planet and is YEARS ahead of anything currently in work.”

Where is everyone...? Here's a nice article regarding M3 battery pack: Tesla Model 3 Has "Most Advanced Large-Scale Lithium Battery Ever Produced," Battery Expert Notes | CleanTechnica

According to a seasoned electric vehicle battery expert, Tesla Model 3’s battery pack is a true engineering marvel and work of art — as evidenced in a comprehensive Model 3 battery pack disassembly video by the renowned (and animated) EV pro Jack Rickard of EVTV.

Even though Jack has been working on electric vehicles for years, he was floored by the Model 3 battery pack noting: “this is the BEST, most ADVANCED large-scale lithium battery ever produced on [the] planet and is YEARS ahead of anything currently in work.”
Noooooo! I just don't have 2 hours spare time to watch EVtv

That is a great video, Jack is my kind of guy but I know some find him long winded.

Well, I came here to talk about the 3-week timer expiring, but it sounds like we already know he's in China. That was my expectation.

I'm only down 12% at this moment trying to benefit from Q2 earnings + 3 week timer expiring :) I've previously said that 5k/wk model 3 + confirmed Chinese factory yields a SP of ~ 360-370, with most people disagreeing with me. Somehow I don't think the official factory announcement alone will bring SP levels back above 360+. I wonder if Musk will have additional big news soon too.

So Musk will be in Shanghai tomorrow. Likely public announcement about Giga #3. Coincidentally that aligns timing wise with the "short position" tweet. If entirely funded by Tencent or other entity, that's a big deal and should move TSLA solidly upward.

But how much do you think it would really move? I doubt 'short burn of the century' level.

I think it would take multiple announcements to even move stock over 400.

China gigafactory, large Tesla Energy growth, and further Model 3 production ramp / profitability should put above $400, but I doubt major short "burn".

But how much do you think it would really move? I doubt 'short burn of the century' level.

China gigafactory, large Tesla Energy growth, and further Model 3 production ramp / profitability should put above $400, but I doubt major short "burn".

I highly doubt any of those announcement from Tesla can trigger major burn. The bears and the crony journalists have a good control on the narrative so they will out-shout anything Tesla has to say. It will require something truly material to move the needle, e.g. showing significant sustainable profits (not just a one of a kind pie in the face quarter). However, such thing cannot fit the timeline Elon suggested (short burn starting this week). Another material possibility would be to enlist TSLA to be traded on the HK stock exchange. That would make a huge impact, because it would bring a lot of Asian investors (buyers) to the table, while not adding any new shorts since shorting is not allowed over there.

No, I don't think that's enough. Nor do I think the 5000/wk number would have been enough. Frankly, at this point I don't know. Just waiting it out. That's how us longs roll.

If you think in Elon Musk growth targets it should at least highlight a roadmap to 3-5mio cars/year + Tesla Energy in scale. I don't think Elon will just announce another GF and double the output of Tesla. If the full build takes 3-5 years that's half way to his 1trillion target.

Status
Not open for further replies.