Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 316345

1. Intense pressure is expected and advertised to job applicants. SpaceX is the same way. That is not illegal, and shows why Elon's companies succeed.

2. Let's talk about harsh conditions.

GM assembly line:
autoworkers_2011-getty.jpg

Tesla assembly line:
tesla-model-s-undergoing-assembly_100393601_m.jpg

Clearly the bottom assembly line is nastier.

I know what happened. Elon bought a case of Red Bulls and Togos sandwiches and forced everyone to guzzle and eat. Then in a fit of rage they were going to be 9 cars short on the shift he refused them all a bathroom break. Voila raw sewage.

I pretty frequently listen to Justin Pulitzer's video updates on the market and various stocks, including TSLA. For those who don't know him, he has a twitter feed for traders. He is very level headed and certainly not emotional about stocks. He does 2 videos per week, and they aren't free. He does a very nice job on the videos, identifying the dynamics at work in the market, as well as support and resistance levels for the market and various stocks. Anyway, I thought it was very interesting that in his video from yesterday, when he was analyzing TSLA, he said “I have never seen a more concerted media effort to take a company down."

selloffs (even minor ones) when the market is ripping have not been super common, feels really bearish
It's actually pretty common for TSLA, that it doesn't follow the market. Obviously, today is a bearish day for TSLA given the general market performance, but this doesn't amount to anything more than noise. Lately, the pattern that has emerged is for TSLA to be vulnerable when it gaps up to open, which it has been doing quite a bit. It has not been strong enough to hold that, and momentum traders are likely seeing profit in jumping on the weakness, resulting in a dip.

Also - more bearish articles out today from Business Insider, etc... that are probably providing some fuel for this.

• Informative
Reactions: wipster and madodel
It's actually pretty common for TSLA, that it doesn't follow the market. Obviously, today is a bearish day for TSLA given the general market performance, but this doesn't amount to anything more than noise. Lately, the pattern that has emerged is for TSLA to be vulnerable when it gaps up to open, which it has been doing quite a bit. It has not been strong enough to hold that, and momentum traders are likely seeing profit in jumping on the weakness, resulting in a dip.
True, i probably should have qualified on no 'news' it's not super common to break market trend.

Volume isnt significant so I tend to agree that it is likely noise, bearish noise but noise.

I pretty frequently listen to Justin Pulitzer's video updates on the market and various stocks, including TSLA. For those who don't know him, he has a twitter feed for traders. He is very level headed and certainly not emotional about stocks. He does 2 videos per week, and they aren't free. He does a very nice job on the videos, identifying the dynamics at work in the market, as well as support and resistance levels for the market and various stocks. Anyway, I thought it was very interesting that in his video from yesterday, when he was analyzing TSLA, he said “I have never seen a more concerted media effort to take a company down."

Thanks for sharing. It really feels like we are approaching peak "doom & gloom" - whenever we had periods like this before, I recall kicking myself for not buying more TSLA just after we went through peak gloom&doom. (no investment advice; damn it, I'm out of dry powder...)

Justin Pulitzer‏ @JustinPulitzer
Justin Pulitzer Retweeted Business Insider

"I've been on the fence about the reporting related to $TSLA. But after seeing this post, I'm starting to believe @elonmusk. There seems to be a media / short seller effort to take down the stock. This post is flowing with bias, not hard news reporting. I'm currently flat $TSLA"

Have you guys seen this headline? Tesla hits 200,000 cars, meaning lower tax credit for buyers

I think this coverage is totally unfair. Headline should read, "Tesla delivers 200,000 cars in July, Full tax credit expires at year end" or something to that affect. The way its written, it sounds like the opportunity to get the full tax credit has already passed.

Apologies if this has already been posted, but some laborious person appears to have determined that
the skabooshka Twitter account belongs to one of two brothers, who together control a number
of anti-Tesla accounts on social media:

Heidegger on Twitter

The Screenshots do show he was posting from Wolfsburg which is the HQ from VW and where the largest plant is located. Wolfsburg is a small city with the huge HQ where you normally just go if you have some business to do with VW.

Glad to hear that we know now who is behind and what they intend to do. skabooshka is an aggressive short who tried to bully me at Twitter when I questioned his so called video prove about the Tent. Very aggressive and anti Tesla.

They got hold of a lot of confidential information, pictures and videos - I call it very unlikely they did all on their own. So there must be people supplying them information now as we know they do not work for Tesla and can't get them themselves. Also I ask myself when you work for VW full time where you get the time from to feed all those channels and organize information from several sources.

If VW is involved which would not surprise me than its bad.... if they did it on their own than its bad for VW as well.

Ontario scraps rebates for buyers of electric vehicles

The cancellation of the program, which provided rebates of up to $14,000 for buyers of the vehicles and $1,000 toward purchases of charging stations, came after the new Conservative government of Premier Doug Ford ended the province’s cap-and-trade program. The cap-and-trade program financed the vehicle rebates, so they are being discontinued, Iris Fawcett, manager of transportation programs for the Ministry of Transportation, said in a letter to auto industry stakeholders.

Vehicles sold and registered as of Wednesday will be eligible for the incentive, as will vehicles now on dealers’ lots in the province that are sold and registered before Sept. 10.

The end of the Ontario program leaves Quebec and British Columbia as the only provinces offering incentives to buyers of the zero emission vehicles.

Status
Not open for further replies.