Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
After seeing a Starman helmet forming, I sold my May calls purchased last Friday for around 60% profit. I tend not to look a gift horse in the mouth when I see 50+% in one trading day.

I've had good luck selling covered calls in the $340-$350 range and buying under $330 lately. If we top $350 without getting concrete signs of significant ramp this week (for example, MY INVITE #areyoulisteningelon), I'll probably sell some more covered calls as that's a clear indicator of an elbow and kneecap formation.

Crazy, crazy day! I love it. Congrats to all of those with the courage to add on the dip. Once again, it paid handsomely to take the contrarian approach on the dip. So what if you sell too early. It's way way less painful to complain about lower profits than you could have had than it is to ride back down with unsold calls. I sold on the last climb about 5 or 6 points too early and wished I had waited a bit longer. However, I'm discovering it's much more important to get out of your calls before the next dip than to sell them at the top. Previously, I waited too long to sell calls and watched my account drop massively on dips. Much better this last time when I was out, albeit a little early. I've been slowly selling the rest of my APR $320s throughout the morning. I'm down to 2 from 16. I haven't touched my JUN calls or LEAPs. They aren't going to get those from me quite that easily.

• Love
Reactions: Tenable
After seeing a Starman helmet forming, I sold my May calls purchased last Friday for around 60% profit. I tend not to look a gift horse in the mouth when I see 50+% in one trading day.

I've had good luck selling covered calls in the $340-$350 range and buying under $330 lately. If we top $350 without getting concrete signs of significant ramp this week (for example, MY INVITE #areyoulisteningelon), I'll probably sell some more covered calls as that's a clear indicator of an elbow and kneecap formation.

I agree.. I see 50% gains on something, I pull the trigger and look to re-enter if I really like it. Maybe adjust the strike price or expiry date or something else to get an advantage from selling and taking profits. You must take some profits with Options, because they go south very fast and you need dry powder to recover. I try to not go over 1/3 of my options account in play at any time so that I can take advantage of drops like we recently had.

To my analysis, it seems like this stock has had a rather serious case of erectile dysfunction. Let's see if it can go up and stay up this time.

Well someone just reported a VIN of 111XX on the spreadsheet. Their configuration date is Feb 22nd so that lines up. We want to see 13XXX next week - but I think the stock price is probably moving because there are signs the ramp is picking up. I know I was planning to increase my position this morning because of the new activity but the price got away from me. (And I already have enough anyway...)

Status
Not open for further replies.