Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You’re being purposely obtuse now.

annoyingly insensitive or slow to understand.
"he wondered if the doctor was being deliberately obtuse"
synonyms: stupid, slow-witted, slow, dull-witted, unintelligent, ignorant, simpleminded, witless;

Great word, but misused in this instance. Tesla's projection is 25K total MS and MX for the quarter. Bet they don't come close, even with the "Let's make a deal" shenanigans.

Note that NHTSA is now also investigating, and I believe that they have more powers than NTSB.

Powers to do what? NHTSA loves autopilot - they say it reduces accidents 40%. They work with Tesla on how to make it even better, which they both want, so of course they're going to participate in the investigation. This isn't the type of situation where there would be a recall - just gaining knowledge and working with Tesla.

annoyingly insensitive or slow to understand.
"he wondered if the doctor was being deliberately obtuse"
synonyms: stupid, slow-witted, slow, dull-witted, unintelligent, ignorant, simpleminded, witless;

Great word, but misused in this instance. Tesla's projection is 25K total MS and MX for the quarter. Bet they don't come close, even with the "Let's make a deal" shenanigans.

:rolleyes:

Reactions: madodel
Seems like Electrek
Tesla issues a voluntary recall for power-steering bolts in all 123,000 pre-April 2016 Model S vehicles is the only one mentioning:
As for the impact on Tesla, the company expects that it will be immaterial as the supplier covers the cost of the component.

See here, CNBC
Tesla voluntarily recalls 123,000 Model S cars over faulty steering component

(does not mention supplier covering parts):

Not sure why the letter from Tesla does not have this statement, and Electrek has to add and clarify.
Hope this is not like the Quarter numbers where they left out vehicles in transit. If Supplier is covering the cost, Tesla recall letter should include it.
I for one am glad Tesla is looking out for shareholders by deciding to release this after market hours going into a 3 day weekend. By Monday morning, this is old news and it's back to being all about model 3 production numbers.

I for one am glad Tesla is looking out for shareholders by deciding to release this after market hours going into a 3 day weekend. By Monday morning, this is old news and it's back to being all about model 3 production numbers.

My point was that had the clarification been in the Tesla statement itself, we might not have even seen the AH dip. We know how almost all media outlets are biased against Tesla, so Tesla's message is important.

Reactions: bdy0627
My point was that had the clarification been in the Tesla statement itself, we might not have even seen the AH dip. We know how almost all media outlets are biased against Tesla, so Tesla's message is important.

I don't think it would have made much difference. I suspect the drop started from algo-bots selling because of a release containing Tesla and recall. The bot isn't reading it to see the details.

peace out.
I am going by similarities in how forgetting to mention the number of vehicles in transit caused a dip. Something similar here ..

that said, this is the perfect Easter Egg/bait for the AlgoBots to bite on. If Elecktek clarification is correct and we have good Quarterly numbers including M3 ramp, I think a semi short squeeze is in order to take us back to atleast 290 range

Seems like Electrek
Tesla issues a voluntary recall for power-steering bolts in all 123,000 pre-April 2016 Model S vehicles is the only one mentioning:
As for the impact on Tesla, the company expects that it will be immaterial as the supplier covers the cost of the component.

See here, CNBC
Tesla voluntarily recalls 123,000 Model S cars over faulty steering component

(does not mention supplier covering parts):

Not sure why the letter from Tesla does not have this statement, and Electrek has to add and clarify.
Hope this is not like the Quarter numbers where they left out vehicles in transit. If Supplier is covering the cost, Tesla recall letter should include it.

The Tesla letter was to car owners and not investors. It would only have mattered to car owners that they would not have to bear the costs. Unfortunately, not all of the media is as thorough as Fred Lambert at Electrek. Apparently some of the others just read the letter to car owners and asked no further questions. In the financial media such deeper research into costs should be a must, as it was in my day. It's quite sad that in this internet age, far too many publications are more interested in being fast than being thorough or even correct.

Last edited:
The Tesla letter was to car owners and not investors. It would only have mattered to car owners that they would not have to bear the costs. Unfortunately, not all of the media is as thorough as Fred Lambert at Electrek. Apparently some to the others just read the letter to car owners and asked no further questions. In the financial media such deeper research into costs should be a must, as it was in my day. Unfortunately in this internet age far too many publications are more interested in being fast than being thorough or even correct.

Let's not defend Tesla at all costs. Misques and mis-communications are the bane recently. if an internal email reported by Ms Hull can cause SP to go up like today, surely a letter to customers will catch on

See Option Snipers comments, this falls in same category:
Option_Sniper on Twitter
$TSLA one thing @elonmusk hasn't done well these yrs is to strike back w/ HARD evidence no one could argue about. M3 production bottleneck, self-driving, deliveries, financials. response not strong enough. i'm still SUPER bullish w/ 5-yr PT $1620 but 243 237 next in line first.

peace out once again

Well folks, I have made my bets - bringing my average share price down to about $300. Done buying TSLA for the foreseeable future since it's too large a percentage of my portofolio now.

Now the problem becomes having to sell shares continually as we head to > $1000/share as that will also cause it to be too large a portion of your portfolio:)

Status
Not open for further replies.