Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
CNBC have talked about Tesla twice in the last hour. Both times they said the latest news was that there was a fire. Both times they elected to not cover Elon's tweet about shorts exploding.

I suppose slow-burning car fires that represent no threat to anyone are more important to CNBC than the CEO tweeting about stock-related issues. ><

I think this also is supportive of the idea that Tesla coverage isn't simply about the "clickbait" world of current media. That is, the CEO of the most shorted stock in the market publicly stating that the short position will "explode" in about 3 weeks is about as dramatic/clickbaity as it gets. The passing on casting this outstanding clickbait seems rather telling.

Shoot at will boys, spare no bears! No parts will go unsold: bear fur, bear claws, bear teeth, head, ears, eyes we have buyers for all parts. The market is hungry for anything “bearish”, you have the parts, we have buyers. Black bears, brown bears polar bears, it won’t matter. Cubs and momma bears are also on high demand.
But not pandas, right? RIGHT?

Guys, I've been following TSLA since 2012 and reading most threads in the TMC Investors forum weekly but I really don't understand what's going on with the stock. According to the tracker, no invitation to configure has been sent since April 22. Even if Tesla is now able to produce 5K Model 3 per week (with 24/7 work on the first 2 assembly lines and the new 3rd one), how can the Q2 deliveries (and therefore earnings) be that good? I know some deliveries are taking places in Canada (to not hit the 200K ceiling in the US) but I haven't heard about 10+K deliveries. And there's apparently no push in Norway either. I understand it might just be the shorts who are running for cover (especially w/ Musk warnings) but to my knowledge, nothing tangible can explain such a turnaround.

Can you pinpoint some facts I've been missing. Rest assured I really don't want to feed the FUD (again, I've been long since 2012).
Q2 is already pretty good in Norway. 1734 delivered, with two weeks to go. Q1 was 1722. Tesla said in the last letter that they will try to smooth out deliveries, to eliminate bad delivery experiences due to overworked staff. In March, Tesla caught a lot of flack over trucking in the cars from a port in Sweden, on old unsafe polluting trucks. There was at least one accident, and a lot of trucks were stopped at the border.

Configuration invitations/VIN registration/VIN assignment are all ways to try to estimate production. In themselves they aren't that important. Now, Q2 may have weak Model 3 deliveries, but as long as production is good, that just means more cars in transit, and a stronger Q3.

Does this mean the squeeze has started?

Mark B. Spiegel on Twitter

WTF - that POS is cancer to humankind. Would be wonderful if he ended up having to defend himself publicly in an Elon vs. Chenos trial that exposes the real 'Fraud-Boys'

Mark B. Spiegel‏ @markbspiegel
At today's open I rolled our common stock short position into January 2020 puts, by which time Subsidy Fraud-Boy will be tweeting from a courtroom. I no longer care what he Tweets, except to laugh at it-- the more illegal the better!

Whats he saying? I am blocked for speaking the truth so don't get to enjoy the full meltdown. Oh never mind, I can see it with a browser where I am not logged into twitter lol

He got margin called and used the rest of the position to double down with options. The options he bought should have 2x the volatility of the stock which makes it possible to recover the original loss.

Usually, you double down on stock with another trench so that you can make it back, but when you lack actual cash to make the play, options is a clutch to make the same play with less capital. (i.e. he never covered when the stock went down to 280 because of greed). It means that he is running out of trenches of cash to deploy. Bad bank roll management on his gamble.

Last edited:
WTF - that POS is cancer to humankind. Would be wonderful if he ended up having to defend himself publicly in an Elon vs. Chenos trial that exposes the real 'Fraud-Boys'

Mark B. Spiegel‏ @markbspiegel
At today's open I rolled our common stock short position into January 2020 puts, by which time Subsidy Fraud-Boy will be tweeting from a courtroom. I no longer care what he Tweets, except to laugh at it-- the more illegal the better!

Elon is playing with the shorts like a tiger cub with a teddy bear. He's tearing them apart! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.