Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bizarre, this really felt like a squeeze-worthy day. Ah well. Are we at 5k yet???

Investors need to start appreciating the potential on the Energy side. Well positioned on the consumer side of a market worth literally triliions.
Market remains uninterested in energy side of the equation would prefer to charge cell phones laptops and other devices at the gas station...

A possible medium-term channel based on assumption of reaching 5k/wk around Q2'18?

upload_2018-6-22_10-32-19.png

I bailed at 335, where the 400 J20 calls were at 52. Now that we're back to 335, those same calls are 58. This must be a live example of volatility in action.

In case anyone's wonder, it really did hurt my soul when those calls hit 70.

So hard to do swing-trading with calls that have such a far out expiration time where you KNOW they will be above whatever you would sell them for now at a later point... Like those Oct19-2018 calls strike 460 at 8.22 that I keep buying at about 9 and selling at about 13-14 lately

Reactions: neroden
I dont understand what you are saying? I wasnt even saying anything bearish, just that it has been fun to watch.

no i meant there was too much optimism this morning, and was agreeing with you, despite we are on opposite sides. i’m LT bull, stock, but also short term opt and leaps. but lots of negativity right now to deal with. need to stop the circus, focus on the cars. i wish elon would get off twitter for about a month unless it was facts about production. i understand the need to defend the salacious accusations and some of the trolls, shorts, lies, etc. and most of what he did was ok. but he may go too far at times (a little thin- skinned) and all that does is play into their hands.
focus and execute. and yes, still up 60pts. it’s gong to remain volatile
July - Q2 delivery #s and 200k, production floodgates open
aug - Q2 earnings prob won’t be amazing, but no shock there

add to it china/eu tariffs?, GF announcement?
who knows what range it will find to trade in between.

Reactions: neroden
Status
Not open for further replies.