Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just bought bunch of short term options, next week, and the week after*
The way I see it, if deal comes through, I'll make money on these.
If deal doesn't go through, I lose this investment, but I get to keep my 90% of TSLA in registered Canadian plans and participate in future success of Tesla. Otherwise, I would have had to sell them, as RRSP/TFSA/RESP can't hold foreign private equity.
The only real downer is if clarity doesn't come in a week or so, but considering 4 day 8K requirement, I don't think that's probable.

* After learning that we may need to sell 90% of TSLA, wife decreed that I have to make 10% work as if it's 100%, so here, I'm trying :)

Don't understand the logic of ppl with registered or 401k. Just sell in those plans and move the money out to normal account and buy. Not an expert on usa, but tfsa is free flow. RRSP you take a tax hit, so if the spouse has no income, let her take it out.

• Disagree
  • Informative
Reactions: neroden and Thekiwi
Pure speculation, but based on recent developments and this tweet...
Elon Musk on Twitter

View attachment 324489

... I believe some of the money is coming from China.

That Bloomberg article mentioned the 5 possible sugar daddy's, Alphabet as one, then said likely not because they own Waymo.

But what if Waymo is failing as evident by their second trial in Phx while still requiring NDA to keep any negativity out of the news. I say Alphabet is still an option, hedging against Waymo which is too expensive an requires drivers offline as backup.

I'm probably buying more today too... fun reading all this ;)

I just bought bunch of short term options, next week, and the week after*
The way I see it, if deal comes through, I'll make money on these.
If deal doesn't go through, I lose this investment, but I get to keep my 90% of TSLA in registered Canadian plans and participate in future success of Tesla. Otherwise, I would have had to sell them, as RRSP/TFSA/RESP can't hold foreign private equity.
The only real downer is if clarity doesn't come in a week or so, but considering 4 day 8K requirement, I don't think that's probable.

* After learning that we may need to sell 90% of TSLA, wife decreed that I have to make 10% work as if it's 100%, so here, I'm trying :)
She who must be obeyed has approved tapping into HLOC credit, so if this persists for another day, I may bring smallish 6 figure tomorrow and just put on short term options. I did something similar in Feb 2016 (less aggressive though) and it worked beautifully.
And oy-yoy-yoy, all the trading today, it's going to be a headache to calculate gain/loss etc :( This is one of the reasons I hate trading in taxable account.

I posted that headline when it came across my news feed just after the share price reversed and headed down. It was quickly labeled here as "hearsay."

The inquiry by the SEC was not questioning the channel used to communicate; it is far more concerned with the content of the message and the manner in which it was dribbled out sequentially during trading hours, particularly the substance behind both announcing a buy-out price and asserting funding secured.

I'll wait for the 8k which should be filed by Monday.

Maybe tomorrow? Doesn't he have 4 days to file (seems I heard that somewhere)? Regardless, Elon had to have his ducks in a row before the Tuesday tweet, so no worries mates!

Last edited by a moderator:
MaxPain for tomorrow $382,50??

View attachment 324496

This website does NOT work anymore. Look at the table below the graphic.
It leaves out any strikes below 320 in the calculation, so of course calculated max pain is skewed to the upside.
The website doesn't output useful data anymore since several weeks.
I used it for years and it has been reliable.
Not anymore. I have no reliable source for max pain anymore.

She who must be obeyed has approved tapping into HLOC credit, so if this persists for another day, I may bring smallish 6 figure tomorrow and just put on short term options. I did something similar in Feb 2016 (less aggressive though) and it worked beautifully.
And oy-yoy-yoy, all the trading today, it's going to be a headache to calculate gain/loss etc :( This is one of the reasons I hate trading in taxable account.

That's why I trade with one brokerage and let TurboTax figure it out!

• Funny
Reactions: Krugerrand
Back to things that matter. I wonder if the delay could be Tesla doing price discovery with large institutional investors who can't/won't convert to private shares to learn at what buyout price they'd be willing to vote 'yes.' Remember, $420 is an initial offer, subject to shareholder approval.

I'd love to see the 8-K come out with "After consulting with some of our largest shareholders, we've settled on a price of $450 which we feel best meets shareholder expectations. We are confident at this price the vote will be affirmative."

I believe all the SEC stuff is just noise, meant to sow doubt. How many times now have we heard about some possible SEC investigation in the past, yet nothing has ever come of it.

yes. that along with what @CuriousSunbird pointed out about people saying that em is lying.

no. he’s not. every time he says something there’s a faction hat says he’s a liar.

aggressive timelines are different than outright lies. and lies that put everything you’ve accomplished in jeopardy, not gonna happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.