Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Whoever the supposed source is probably meant Silver Lake isn't discussing investing themselves. Or maybe they said they aren't talking to Tesla because they're talking to Elon, not Tesla.

And I wouldn't trust Reuters if they're saying Silver Lake isn't interested in investing - they also said the Saudis aren't interested.

CNBC reporting that silver lake is acting as an advisor, but not interested in partipating as a source of funding.

=====

Andrew Sorkin on CNBC saying Saudis have no confirmed deal with Musk (was throwing out lots of potential roadblocks), but got some pushback from the current tamale cohost who got Andrew to admit that the Saudis did likely make multiple offers to take Tesla private (as Musk stated in his letter yesterday).

I don't know if it's true, single source so far, and can't find it at the Reutors, which supposedly produced this info. However, it got picked by Yahoo finance, so it's likely to create some confusion today, even if it's not true:
Silver Lake Denies Talking to Tesla: Reuters
S̶i̶l̶v̶e̶r̶ ̶L̶a̶k̶e̶ Saudi PIF denies talking to Tesla: Reuters.

There - fixed it for you.

Last edited:
I see the glass half empty here. If the deal is 100% on, there'd be no need for tweeting that kind of stuff.
He tweets not for you now. He tweets for SEC.
You can use Dell LBO as a reference now.
14 january "leaked" buyout in mass-media. 5 february 8-K form. In between spike and drop of shares prices (a bit more dramatic than it was with Tesla), all kind of nonsense in mass-media, more "leaks" etc.
Since Musk basically promised not to wash out smaller investors now, the process will be a bit slower, as more agreements will have to be made, so there will be 4 weeks instead of 3.
Expect more tweets of the same nature. Traditional mass-meddia has pissed Musk obviously way too much so one should not expect any "leaks".

I am doing my part to help the short sellers {fight/spiritedly discuss/become educated/naifs_not_get_hurt_by_fagans} among themselves, by repeating over and over what I see as simple truths to many different ones/shorts

1) buy out price sets _floor_ of $420 (or higher as SP spikes, and you sold way below that
2) 35,000,000 shares sold short will be forced redeemed at $14.7 Billion (now ~34.27M) at conversion to TSLAP(rivate)
3) All shorts realized way less and _lost_ $2.8 Billion in 2018, and lose way more as conversion approaches
4) if you look at a combo of Stock price, Vol, and Advance/Decline line it looks like big shorts are unwinding (see #2)
5) smaller shorts will get trampled as the elephants stampede for exits and have a bag of IOU's. ($14.4B as of today)
6) this WILL happen in 4-6 months

7) I get hysterical responses and am told i'm lying, "hurting" people, delusional, paranoid, and "just shut up"
8) no one disputes #s 1-6, (i've been in markets since around 1981 and studied Tech Analysis and Charts for a long time, still a mystery, but certain things seem to be there)

if i'm wrong, i'd appreciate responses, except when is Truth, as I see it, Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt?
(should this be another thread, it does seem to apply to market action, at least obliquely)
Hi,

If I short sell a Jan 2020 150 PUT, is it safe enough?

NYT article via CNBC;

Tesla's board was surprised by Elon Musk’s tweet on taking the carmaker private Tesla's board was surprised by Elon Musk’s tweet on taking the carmaker private

“But three people familiar with the workings of the Saudi fund cast doubt on his account. They said the fund had taken none of the steps that such an ambitious transaction would entail, like preparing a term sheet or hiring a financial adviser to work on the deal.”

I actually hope this whole buyout scenario is called off - I would much rather enjoy the future gains to come from the public status of the stock..

I see the glass half empty here. If the deal is 100% on, there'd be no need for tweeting that kind of stuff.
I disagree. I think a lot of Tesla investors are bewildered and getting hit with a lot of FUD. More information from Elon/Tesla is really helpful right now. The market is obviously pricing the stock right now such that this buyout has no chance of happening. That creates confusion in and of itself. It's helpful to hear updates from Elon that it is very much in motion.

21263EAD-8BB1-466B-8435-8B43D260FC86.png

·
26s
$TSLA special committee announced

Status
Not open for further replies.