Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Disagree. As production continues to ramp and Tesla continues to deliver highly profitable cars, keep hammering that home at every opportunity with the empirical data to back it up. Once there is hard data to deflate their arguments, the goal of the FUDsters is to shift the focus on the conversation to areas that are more squishy and where they can sow their FUD. Keeping the conversation grounded in facts and reality is the best defense.

Rather than stop talking, I should have said we should concentrate less on production and talk more about increasing sales and delivery. And also how these autos are built to order, not to inventory. Production has been proven, sales and delivery have not as yet... let's turn that around. Tesla doesn't have dealerships with hundreds of new cars on their lots, which eliminates the middleman and greatly contributes to the bottom line. Needs to be more widely known IMHO

Truth is, there was reason to believe the movie might not play out the same way it has over and over for the last year and a half. But, it did.
takingteslaprivate3.jpg

Rather than stop talking, I should have said we should concentrate less on production and talk more about increasing sales and delivery. And also how these autos are built to order, not to inventory. Production has been proven, sales and delivery have not as yet... let's turn that around. Tesla doesn't have dealerships with hundreds of new cars on their lots, which eliminates the middleman and greatly contributes to the bottom line. Needs to be more widely known IMHO
All tesla cars built are sold or for demos but unlike model S and X the model 3 are produced THAN assigned to buyers which is why vins appear a week from delivery. I know this by personal experience. We altered our order for the car and less than a week later they called for delivery of old configuration. They than found our new configuration in less than a week already in transit. With limited options this is perfect way to function

All tesla cars built are sold or for demos but unlike model S and X the model 3 are produced THAN assigned to buyers which is why vins appear a week from delivery. I know this by personal experience. We altered our order for the car and less than a week later they called for delivery of old configuration. They than found our new configuration in less than a week already in transit. With limited options this is perfect way to function

Interesting. Thanks for the info. Don't know that I like it, but appreciate your posting your experience.

But the problem will soon be who is going to buy them (50K+ models). They need to produce the $35,000.00 version to keep the orders going.

Lol.

But soon the $150k Model S buyers will run out and they won’t be able to make money on the $100k Model S.

And then when buyers dry up for the $100k Model they won’t be able to make money on the $80k Model.

Most of us here have heard these sorts of BS since 2013. You’re throwing pebbles at grown men wrapped in heavy armor in the middle of a war against shorts, those tiny rocks your throwing doesn’t come close to agitating us longs. Instead it only shows how ignorant the short thesis is, which is based on zero premise of research. Two separate companies from oppposite parts of the globe (Germany and Munro) has already dispelled your $35k thesis. I suggest you come out of the Stone Age and learn how to read a few articles before bringing your motives here to spread FUD.

An unfavorable review would seem to be a weak position to make a claim. However, if information was disclosed that was proprietary to Tesla, that could be grounds for building a good case.

I wouldn't think so as Munro had no contract with Tesla. They bought the cars second hand.

I would think that the only reason Tesla could sue would be if they were knowingly reporting false information. People that purchased the report could be suing for other reasons. And maybe the shorts are suing because they didn't like that Munro said that Tesla could be making a ~30% profit. ;)

Did anybody else notice the latest 'hit em while their down" piece by Gelles titled, "Tesla Slashes Spending, and May Add to Its Troubles"?
It seems Tesla's damned if they do and damned if they don't. At the cost of profitability, Tesla's investment in their future fell on deaf ears to the rallying cry, "but they can't turn a profit". Now that they've focused on turning the tables and slowing down growth to show profitability, they complain that, "those tactics may not be sustainable for long, and some could even hurt the company down the road."
Just can't win.

An unfavorable review would seem to be a weak position to make a claim. However, if information was disclosed that was proprietary to Tesla, that could be grounds for building a good case.

I'm assuming that Tesla is disputing some of his claims as false. Something certainly happened because after the initial report, Munro backtracked and made some positive comments.

My goodness... Have you ever walked into a Tesla store lately? There are always people in there. Always! I know for a fact that people still are ordering M3 by the droves. Demand problem? Yes, too,much demand!

I do am afraid that the shorts are winning. Negative sentiment sells better on the news, that is what you see. Even if Elon has a old it would make the news and would affect the stock price.

I am not in favour of Tesla going private as we would loose a lot of information going forward. Tesla might need a good COO to work together with Elon. Elon should just do his thing and not be distracted about all the negativity what is out there. Just work on executing his master plan and not look and all these short term issues.

• Informative
Reactions: Fact Checking
Did anybody else notice the latest 'hit em while their down" piece by Gelles titled, "Tesla Slashes Spending, and May Add to Its Troubles"?
It seems Tesla's damned if they do and damned if they don't. At the cost of profitability, Tesla's investment in their future fell on deaf ears to the rallying cry, "but they can't turn a profit". Now that they've focused on turning the tables and slowing down growth to show profitability, they complain that, "those tactics may not be sustainable for long, and some could even hurt the company down the road."
Just can't win.
That was just like when there were parking lots full of Model 3s and "they" were saying that was bad, and now that the lots are empty "they" are saying that this is bad also.

I can say this without fear of jinxing it, because this looks like things are bottoming out. Overall, the drop today has been minimal, despite the heavy FUD campaign and serious price capping effort. Based on the high volume, it looks like people are buying the dip. It's kind of funny to watch the stock at the last minutes before closing and seeing how much effort is being put to close in the red. In a few weeks, in won't make a d@mn bit of difference.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.