Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be foolish to waste the chairman spot on something that couldnt result in fruitful political alliance.

My #1 choice would be Tim Cook. #2's would be Lisa Su (AMD CEO) Jensen Huang (Nvidia CEO).

For #1, Elon just needs to apologize about Apple being Tesla's graveyard and all will be fine I'm sure.
But Apple is working on project Titan, so Tim Cook is out.

Last edited:
In your opinion. I've driven both back to back and in my opinion the S is the better car.

Define better. Because only then can understanding be reached.

If one values a crap ton of cargo space; S wins. If one values sportiness; 3 wins. Etc...

I much prefer the 3. As in no contest. And yet there’s no doubt the S is pretty darn special.

the only thing we have to worry about is Elon talking smack after making the deal. That's a total NO NO.. so no saying "oh yeah, I made this deal with the SEC just to xyz., " or "I didn't want to make the deal, I was totally in the right, etc."..

Its say nothing about it pretty much ever.
If I read it right, the clause of "neither deny nor admit allegations" in the settlement was there to prevent him from saying those.

• Informative
Reactions: Fact Checking
I won't. I manage risk first, and I am way on top on this trade so far.

No need to get emotional about this :)

Mod: As promised, I deleted that post. GG rule.

Some people wax poetic about shorts being the checks and balances for the ever churning froth of Wall Street. Justification chosen over remediation. However to be blunt, shorts seemingly lack any moral fortitude. The world burns. People are literally dying from the paths people before them chose to take. A few companies in the landscape of the status quo are fighting for change.

So in my humble opinion, there is a HUGE need to get emotional about it.

I rarely disagree with you but I think the news today is significantly more positive than you. It puts Tesla back in the position it was in before 'the tweet' (trading around 355) and I think that will be recognized in short order.

I hope you’re right. I’ve just seen this movie so many times and the ending is always the same: a downer.

I’d be pleased to get my $42.75/share back by end of trading on Monday and then the additional $40-50/share that I had before the original going private tweet happened. AND THEN the additional $50ish/share I should be getting when Q3 production/delivery numbers are announced by Wednesday.

Yeah, won’t be holding my breath for any of that this week. Last time I did that I passed out less than 3 minutes into trading for the day.

Dear Elon,
why don't you at least think of moving Tesla HQ outside of USA and just producing there like others?
Wall street and SEC are corrupt and defending the old fashioned world.
They are slowing down your efforts for sustainability.
Don't invest anymore in USA.
(...or California has to become an independent State with own rules and own financeworld)
to piggyback... I think it would be awesome if financial institutions were setup in CA -- like a stock market, investment banks, etc,
AND, in addition, financial news media that gave non-biased reporting on companies out here (NY hates CA).
AND... the US capital should not be waayyy over on the east coast, it's not fair to the rest of the country and allows east coasters to rub elbows more with (hence influence) lawmakers... just thing about businesses in Hawaii and Alaska, that one heckuva flight. The capital should be near the center of the country.

Believe me $40 million settlement that $TSLA Shorts will get from SEC settlement will be chump change in comparison to the billions the are about to lose once SP gaps up and starts an epic run next week
I personally lost millions over the last 2 months but I’m not suing EM or Tesla or shorts or anybody
Just the fact that investors like me have the courage of their convictions to never give up on EM or $TSLA will bring back the money we lost plus more
Losers whine and complain and sue and blame others or their losss
Winners do what it takes
This isn't clear cut. We don't know how much of the Q3 volume is already baked into the share price. It is already pretty lofty for a company producing at Q3 speeds. Price is still a probability weighting of future expectations.

Just because the SEC complaint is behind us doesn't mean that this whole process is finished. I assume there will be further lawsuits directly from shorts and other options holders in relation to "go private" and this settlement may well help them get compensation. Another thing this settlement appears to do (to me, a layman) is tie Tesla to any future lawsuit, when previously it seemed more likely that only EM would take a financial hit when shorts sued.

WARNING: Weekend Offtopic Continued...

Paladin, replaced Lance missiles right?
Nope, the M109A6 "Paladin" is an upgraded M109 SP 155mm with autoloader and GPS/onboard fire control. Lower crew count, too. Like a MLRS for Med. Field Bty.

Yakima ~ no. After I retired a friend of mine went on to command out there. Damned rattle snakes out there!
Yeah [rattles dogtags]. CFB Gagetown, New Brunswick, Summer 1982. Only place on earth I've ever seen swamps on the SIDE of a hill (why are army bases always in the armpit of the world?) An armoured crew got their Chieftan 1 stuck in a bog during a night move. They walked back to their Squadron Leger (assembly area) to roll armoured recovery. But when they got back, the tank was gone. No tracks, no trace, no nothing. The swamp just ATE it. And it was NEVER found. Swear to God.

P.S. How do you tell the difference between a fairy tale and a army story? A fairy tale starts "Once upon a Time" and an army story starts "This is no $h1t". :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.