Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is very interesting as this is the second time now I hear of this company (CNBC also quoted them for Q3 production numbers). AFAIK they are no industry standard, more seem like a new player that shells out some money to CNBC to keep promoting them.

I’m Your Company’s Computer Guy for redacted, yes, that very large redacted firm. (Sssssh. Posting from my phone.)
I’ve been installing FactSet software for our market research group for decades. Take it from me that they are not new and their data are very much considered by grown-up analysts. What I can’t tell you is if they are accurate... not my headache. I just make sure the data flow...

For example, most here are celebrating mid-range, while avoiding to note the margin impact. If it's such great news, why isn't the stock up 10 percent pre-market from a supposed "local low?"

Because the market, especially when it comes to Tesla, appears to be either completely clueless about the fundamentals, or is dominated by shortseller FUD and influence?

In other words, that argument has nothing to do with the actual impact the Lemur should have...

I’m Your Company’s Computer Guy for redacted, yes, that very large redacted firm. (Sssssh. Posting from my phone.)
I’ve been installing FactSet software for our market research group for decades. Take it from me that they are not new and their data are very much considered by grown-up analysts. What I can’t tell you is if they are accurate... not my headache. I just make sure the data flow...
You’re mission if you choose to accept it: what? Shhhhhh, you say. Anyways, get FactSet’s Q3 estimates before Tesla delivers Q3 report.
Thanks!

oct19chartprelim.JPG
IMO, shorts did too much manipulating today and wanted out prior to weekend, but without the SP penalty of selling normally, so they all waited for final minute of market trading and over 650,000 shares traded hands. There just weren't enough traders willing to sell that many shares to meet the demand of the covering by shorts, so the SP was bid up.

Look at the final half hour of trading. It was clear capping by shorts (or someone) to stop the SP recovery.

Wondering too, if any market makers were tweaking the final minute, hoping to protect puts sold that might have expired today.

Try swing trading instead of day trading if you don't have enough capital for 100 share lot trades, and cash in reserve for 'surprises' (boombergs)

TSLA has made 3 or 4 $50+ swings in the last few months. Watch the news; trade accordingly.

Cheers, and good luck!

Thanks Lodger,

I grabbed 14 shares at $255. Fascinating to watch the price jump $2.26 in the very last second of trade. Somebody badly didn't want to be sitting on their short position over the weekend. It's really tempting to sell my 14 shares at 260 for the lunch money (I can do after hours with my ig.com account) - and ride the dip again on Monday. It's just delightful to know that my lunch is on the shorts - people too engrossed in their finance world to understand that the world desperately needs Tesla to succeed.

I have now worked out how to keep the account in US dollars, so at least I'm not losing on the exchange rates as will paying the commission ($US10 per trade).

Cheers.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-10-20 at 7.02.04 am.png
    Screen Shot 2018-10-20 at 7.02.04 am.png
    73.8 KB · Views: 49
This is actually a concern. Why not produce 7,000+ LR and ship to int’l? Or if cells are the limiting factor, why not increase price and ship int’l? Or why not price MR only $2k lower. MR will likely command lower margin; Mix will be important.
Because they want as many as possible to get the tax credit in the US.

Screen-Shot-2018-10-19-at-1-32-06-PM.png

Does this happen to other people? I haven't even posted all day and somebody decided to systematically disagree my whole life. Not the first time this has happened to me on this board. Weird behavior imo.

Not gonna lie, SP movement today has me shaking my head, but materially I know the co is intact. I don't want to be the guy that sells off most of my position on the earnings pop to try to time the market, so I'm not going to. I've decided to hold my calls staunchly up until the weeks they expire, just as an act of stubbornness if nothing else.

Status
Not open for further replies.