Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I still don't know how InsideEVs gets their monthly Tesla delivery estimates. They seem fairly accurate, but does anyone know how they actually *do* it?

I guess insideEVs numbers are correct, i think Elon is talking about production numbers. So they produced way more, but didn't deliver this month to customers yet, because of east coast delivery.

edit: insideEVs have good connections in the company, in production at Freemont and also in Sales Office

Yes, me. But only because it's actually available to order in the UK (unlike the Model 3). And because I got it on an 18 month lease deal for £400 /mo no deposit. A steal for a car of this price... I'll drive it thinking of the Tesla that will probably replace it. :D
For delivery immediately ? Otherwise I should be interested on promised delivery date visa vis actual delivery. Keep us all posted

• Informative
Reactions: humbaba and neroden
They're so sure in their methods that a difference of 50 is worth calling it down? surely that is within their margin of error? A better headline would be "Tesla Model 3 sales ramp slowed in October, relatively flat from August" which would leave them the wiggle room later if they're over/under a bit.

As Elon already made it clear that the numbers are wrong, insideevs is well advised to update the report asap with at least his statement.

Monday's intraday high was 347.16 followed by a $17 dip (h/t @Curt Renz :cool:)

On intraday swings such as this the value of my TSLA portfolio changes more than my monthly net salary
- and I don't even think my salary is that low.

So I am very happy to be so exposed to TSLA - and try my best to keep up on TSLA via this thread. :)

As Elon already made it clear that the numbers are wrong, insideevs is well advised to update the report asap with at least his statement.

This would be easier to do if Elon has provided some direction or magnitude on the discrepancy. He didn't say if the IE numbers were high or low, nor how far off. So all InsideEVs could do is add a statement saying apparently their estimate isn't perfect.

Only posting this stuff after hours since it is off hours, but I’d like if mods allow no more than one post per day by me like this:

So to summarize, you all helped me learn then execute an investment strategy that let me buy a $50,000 car - of course a model 3.

Like literally YOU ALL did this.

I have 2 kids and this is a lot of money for me. I’m waiting on vin.

Then I proposed an EV charging solution for my workplace and now I am executing it. I’m the program manager and it’s going in as fast as I can write POs.

I’ve had soooo many peers at work ask to test drive it’s insane. We make nuclear medicine, more of it than anybody else. Curiumpharma.com. Lots of engineers, chemists, etc.

“So you just plug in then wake up every day with a full car? You don’t have to get gas? And now work is buying charges?”

Like seriously...

The last time somebody was buying a car at your work...did anybody give a F—-?

I just walk down the hall...”Ben you’re getting a Tesla? Can I try it?”

And I just told my close friends at work: didn’t make a big deal out of it.

I think we all are underestimating how big this will go.

I may only help a tiny bit but I’m going to help.

Just wish I could toss em into a Performance but I can’t financially :(

yep, that’s pretty much how it goes.
at work, a handful of us got 3s so far, and we had a bunch of S&Xs on area so its not exactly a huge deal where i live/work. but the 3 still stirred up a lot of newbies.
now, when i take the car back to my hometown in Pa (small blue collar area in NEPA, that’s a whole new ballgame. my friends and family are like wtf!! this car is nuts, especially after they ride in, and drive it. then i tell my redneck friends that a pickup is coming...that really tweaked them hah.
it’s a compelling story for more people than average in my experience...of course, you have to explain away some of the recent media and bullshit that’s been going on because they have been misinformed..but not really their fault bc most aren’t following as diligently as tmc users.

Only posting this stuff after hours since it is off hours, but I’d like if mods allow no more than one post per day by me like this:

So to summarize, you all helped me learn then execute an investment strategy that let me buy a $50,000 car - of course a model 3.

Like literally YOU ALL did this.

I have 2 kids and this is a lot of money for me. I’m waiting on vin.

Then I proposed an EV charging solution for my workplace and now I am executing it. I’m the program manager and it’s going in as fast as I can write POs.

I’ve had soooo many peers at work ask to test drive it’s insane. We make nuclear medicine, more of it than anybody else. Curiumpharma.com. Lots of engineers, chemists, etc.

“So you just plug in then wake up every day with a full car? You don’t have to get gas? And now work is buying charges?”

Like seriously...

The last time somebody was buying a car at your work...did anybody give a F—-?

I just walk down the hall...”Ben you’re getting a Tesla? Can I try it?”

And I just told my close friends at work: didn’t make a big deal out of it.

I think we all are underestimating how big this will go.

I may only help a tiny bit but I’m going to help.

Just wish I could toss em into a Performance but I can’t financially :(
@benp
charge a nominal amount, say around avg 80% of the rate. at home, NOT free
don't put charging in prime spaces, causes resentment

good luck
Lessons Learned From 6 Years of Workplace Charging

Workplace Charging - The Goldilocks Approach - Plug In America

Also, as a side note. Current forum is euphoric which is not bad per se, but for those heavily in options/heavily leveraged, do consider locking gains progressively. Speaking from recent experience, it hurts a lot more to ride any dips down (hopefully none) compared to missing some gains. More advice to myself than anyone else :(
Why would you lock anything in immediately after profitability and still 30pts down from pre-take-private? Sell as we approach $400, buy on the next macro dip, then enjoy 4Q earnings.

Really? They sent out a lot of SPAM to Tesla shareholders pushing a change to the board in front of the last shareholders vote...

As far as I remember, the amount they actually own is paltry. And it was purchased right before that vote, for the express purpose of being able to force a vote on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.