Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This investing game is new to me so I'm needing (not an) advice, but if this isn't an appropriate place to ask, just let me know. Better yet, point me in the right direction.

The IRS demands I take a $15k minimum withdrawal from my self-managed IRA. Am considering liquidating my significant position in CREE to achieve this RMD, then buy more TSLA with the cash that remains. Thoughts?

RMD obligations can be taken in kind.

Jinxed the market last night, topping up from 157 shares to a nice round 200.

I really like my numbers now. In AUS dollars, I have spent $80k on TSLA, currently valued at $92k. I have a mortgage of $160k against a property worth several times that.

So at date x, the stock value is greater than the mortgage. Next Christmas? Definitely by the one following. Had I never followed Tesla and just kept plugging away at the mortgage, it would have taken 6 to 8 years. For the first time I'm feeling unafraid of 'running out' during retirement. It's a great feeling.

Today was mainly AAPL ..

Not just Apple. Here's Goldman-Sachs: (down 8% today + 2nd most shorted Financial behind Schwab)

NYSE.GS.2018-11-12.png

Jinxed the market last night, topping up from 157 shares to a nice round 200.

I really like my numbers now. In AUS dollars, I have spent $80k on TSLA, currently valued at $92k. I have a mortgage of $160k against a property worth several times that.

So at date x, the stock value is greater than the mortgage. Next Christmas? Definitely by the one following. Had I never followed Tesla and just kept plugging away at the mortgage, it would have taken 6 to 8 years. For the first time I'm feeling unafraid of 'running out' during retirement. It's a great feeling.
How many chickens are you up to?

• Funny
Reactions: Esme Es Mejor
... and the instantly-applied countervailing tariffs hurt Tesla, just like the Chinese tariffs.

That's not 'bullish', but if you were to rearrange some letters in the second part, then I'd agree wholeheartedly. :rolleyes:

Cheers!

Ofcourse we here in Europe can’t let it pass. But my hope is that we will counter in a smart way again, hitting red states that support Trump and not blue states like California, and also not shoot ourselves in the foot by penalizing the only car manufacturer that can give us Europeans EVs in meaningful numbers at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.