Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Powell is an effing idiot. Tesla taking a huge dump and so is everything else
No, Trump is the idiot. He forced Powell’s hand by making demands of a a body that must—above all—be viewed as apolitical. Grear negotiator my ass.

The only matter about which Powell seemed to express certainty was that the FOMC will not bow to politicians (i.e. Trump).

No, Trump is the idiot. He forced Powell’s hand by making demands of a a body that must—above all—be viewed as apolitical. Great negotiator my ass.
OT : Every institution Trump touches, he destroys. Supreme Court and then Fed. Steve Bannon has been more successful than we realize.

Irrespective of why Fed did this it will be seen as defiance of political pressure. If they had been more dovish, it would have been called bowing to political pressure.

Talk softly and carry a big stick. Not the other way round.

The market today:

HarshConstantGartersnake-small.gif

OT
At the very least, it sounds like I should be able to resurrect my never-reported, never-claimed business losses from nearly a decade ago. Assuming I can find documentation of them...

Depends on which type entity incurred the un-claimed losses. If it was a sole proprietorship that is reported on schedule C, pass through LLC or other partnership, or subchapter S on an individual return you may be SOL. (3 years to amend return).

Also be careful on option trades in waiting to the very last minute of a tax year. Unlike equity trades, the record date for options is the settlement date, not the trade date.

Not to mention that the EU is a market with a larger population.

Total EU+EFTA vehicle sales in 2017 was 18.1M
Total US vehicle sales in 2017 was 17.25M + 2.04M from Canada= 19.29M

Europeans who don't own a car and use public transportation exclusively are largely irrelevant to car sales. A handful may be convinced to buy a car now and again but not many.

Status
Not open for further replies.