Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Technical Analysis

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ten years ago Craig Johnson of Piper Sandler positively alerted me about Tesla, leading me to my first TSLA purchase.
This morning he wrote:
• TSLA—Shares have surpassed overhead resistance near $209. • Back above the 10-/30-week WMAs. • RS is trending toward positive territory and impressive TechniGrade ranking. • Add to positions, a retest of the upper end of the price channel appears likely.

Since the 3:1 split, TSLA and Accumulation/distribution lines
somebody did a lot of selling/distribution early december to late december, than began buying last week of december until now

1676566529907.png

So, IF you believe the accumulation/distribution indicator, things looking UP for last 1.5 months.....

1676566750176.png

(covid, even with vaccinations and boosters and double masking for nearly 3 years and becoming feral hermits, is like a 2x4 upside the head for the last month)

Since the 3:1 split, TSLA and Accumulation/distribution lines
somebody did a lot of selling/distribution early december to late december, than began buying last week of december until now

View attachment 907887

So, IF you believe the accumulation/distribution indicator, things looking UP for last 1.5 months.....

View attachment 907888
(covid, even with vaccinations and boosters and double masking for nearly 3 years and becoming feral hermits, is like a 2x4 upside the head for the last month)

I would think this is normal behavior at year-end. Tax loss harvesting in December and buy back in January + 30 days to avoid the wash rule.

Trying to post graphs here instead of wheel thread, just for topical relevance. Still looking like a short-term downward channel, but coincidental convergence around $200-$202 for March 10-16th. Perhaps continued consolidation at $200 going into EOQ. Seems in-line with other TA bloggers.

661C8468-C81C-4CDA-9B70-A2BCDA07E253.jpeg

• Helpful
Reactions: Queeg500
Well, that downward channel, described in my previous post, most certainly continued from $200 to $180 today.:mad: Coincidentally, this SP is also almost exactly MaxPain for this week, and many future weeks as well, so the options market is in agreement.:eek:

Notice the circled points in today’s chart below: Monday’s reversal at the 61.8% Fibonacci coincided with the rising speed line, today’s close right at the 78.6% level (suggesting uncertainty and flat SP short term), and the recent $214 high that did NOT make the 138.2% level (suggesting reversal). Furthermore, there’s still that pesky 1/25 $145-$155 gap than many TA folks will say absolutely must be filled (I’m agnostic on that, but still wary). Where do we go from here? Options market and Wicked Stocks seem to think $180+/-$5 for tomorrow. My guess is to close there Friday as well. Then, maybe a Monday bump, followed by continuing weakness “longer term” (next week 🤣). My guesses are often wrong, so don’t listen to me. Wicked Stocks seems to be more bullish because the SP bounced strongly off that rising speed line. Find out next week.

8E4ED671-2067-40BB-B628-80C931B68DCD.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: UltradoomY
It looks like we're now up against the ceiling of the trend channel and close to the 200-day. Question is, do we break through this time?

I think we do. I think NVDA was the first to breakout of the downward slide and one by one the elite tech stocks are following suit and it's now Tesla's turn. I hope it's also my turn to be right for a change.

It looks like we're now up against the ceiling of the trend channel and close to the 200-day. Question is, do we break through this time?

I think we do. I think NVDA was the first to breakout of the downward slide and one by one the elite tech stocks are following suit and it's now Tesla's turn. I hope it's also my turn to be right for a change.
I am such a jinks. Practically as bad for the share price as Elon.

On Friday, TSLA closed slightly above its 50-day SMA (simple moving average), and shot well above today, moving it halfway to its 200-day SMA. A welcome technical sign.
TSLA closed above its 200-day SMA (simple moving average) on Tuesday and Wednesday, and has remained above all day today. A promising technical sign to kick off a new month as pension funds begin putting fresh money to work.

In early 2013, Craig Johnson of Piper Sandler positively alerted me about Tesla, leading me to my first TSLA purchase.
This morning he wrote:
TSLA—Shares have reversed a declining price channel.• Back above the 10-/30-week WMAs.• RS is trending toward positive territory and impressive TechniGrade ranking.• A close above $218 should open the door to a new leg higher.

IMO Your analysis is just as good (or crap) as any from other highly paid WS Anal-ysts
your point?
the BB's have crossed over to the positive band, the MA's have turned up, the herd that follows this turns it into a self fulfilling prophecy
"the trend is your friend",
right now the trend is positive, and more shares are being purchased at fractionally higher prices than sold at fractionally lower it seems.

Despite the modest down move in the TSLA price at this moment today, a Golden Cross formation has been achieved. This is due to the 50-day SMA (simple moving averages) pushing above the 200-day SMA. This may be viewed as a bullish technical sign that a significant rally can resume and continue.
it's struggling tho on the 1 minute chart, yesterday and today
crossed above thursday am, then below just after market open today, then above, just crossed below around 2:30
hopeful crosses above and stays above by 4pm tho

1687545816645.png

Reactions: UltradoomY
Craig Johnson of Piper Sandler - this morning:

• TSLA—Indicated higher this AM: Shares have reversed a declining price channel/surpassed resistance near $218• Recent bullish crossover between the 10-/30-week WMAs.• RS has climbed into positive territory and notable TechniGrade ranking.• Use the current pullback as a buying opportunity.