Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Technical Analysis

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m sorry....my comment was without context and not very on point. I saw a flag days ago when we were range bound for a time and then broke out. My understanding is there can be a correction of 10-25% followed by another breakout.

I’ll admit, my knowledge here is sketchy since we don’t see these patterns very often. I’m glad to be enlightened further.

I’m sorry....my comment was without context and not very on point. I saw a flag days ago when we were range bound for a time and then broke out. My understanding is there can be a correction of 10-25% followed by another breakout.

I’ll admit, my knowledge here is sketchy since we don’t see these patterns very often. I’m glad to be enlightened further.
Here are some examples of flags:

FlagEBAY.gif

They are continuation patterns on lower volume, usually in the opposite direction of the primary trend.
TSLA did not really form a flag recently, but you can consider this one a very similar pattern (hourly chart):

tsla hourly.jpg

Attachments

• tsla hourly.jpg
    tsla hourly.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 40
Isn't cloud to related to Ichimoku clouds?

Would love to hear anyone elaborate further since I like to learn. I had a trading friend who often called it a ‘cloud top’ since the range between upper and lower BB resembled a cloud as it was stretched out over time. To be clear, whatever your vernacular, I’m just referring to Bollinger bands with regard to TSLA. I think the mid band right now is near 600.

Interesting thread. Is there any info out there regarding whether there is any predictive ability when using any of the techniques?
Yes, plenty of them. 50% say that there's no predictive value. 25% say that there's a rising bull flag. 24% draw lines on graphs that slope up to the right. The last 1% recommend purchasing toe fungus remover.

Is there any info out there regarding whether there is any predictive ability when using any of the techniques?

All of the popular indicators are predictive. They wouldn't be very useful as indicators if they weren't predictive, after all. The trick is to know when, where, why, and how to use an indicator, and the only resource that's worth any bit of your time on that front is...time. Backtest and sim trade. A lot.

From a slightly more pithy perspective, if there was a magical unicorn silver bullet indicator, nobody would tell you about it. :p

From a slightly more pithy perspective, if there was a magical unicorn silver bullet indicator, nobody would tell you about it.

I do wonder how often technicals are self-fulfiling prophecies.

For e.g. the MACD seems like a relatively arbitrary trigger based on some EMAs with periods based on how often stock prices were reported in the 1970s. But I've seen it be a reliable indicator in the past; so if enough traders believe the MACD bull reversal signal, their purchases can cause the bull reversal...

• Informative
Reactions: ev-enthusiast