Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Turn Off Green Light Chime

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In the Autopilot control panel, turn off the Green Traffic Light Chime.
IMG_0755.jpeg

I'm guessing it's retained the "on" setting from when you had FSD, but since you no longer have FSD the menu options are now hidden...but the chime is still "on" in software.

I'd further guess this will be painful for you to explain to Tesla because if I'm right they're the only ones who could fix it but they're probably going to misunderstand you several times along the way.

(or I suppose if Tesla still allows 48 hour refund period on software upgrades you could buy FSD on a credit card, turn the switch off, then request a refund- that honestly might be faster than opening a service ticket).

Reactions: jjrandorin
I'm guessing it's retained the "on" setting from when you had FSD, but since you no longer have FSD the menu options are now hidden...but the chime is still "on" in software.

I'd further guess this will be painful for you to explain to Tesla because if I'm right they're the only ones who could fix it but they're probably going to misunderstand you several times along the way.

(or I suppose if Tesla still allows 48 hour refund period on software upgrades you could buy FSD on a credit card, turn the switch off, then request a refund- that honestly might be faster than opening a service ticket).

This is my opinion as well (that its in the ON state because OP had a FSD trial, but now that the trial is over, the menu choice is gone). I also am in 100% agreement with @Knightshade that this could be difficult to explain to tesla... although one would think that this is not the first time this has happened.

I would recommend submitting a service request with something like "Green light chime stuck in the ON position with no menu choice to turn it off", and see what happens. Let us know, OP.