Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Turn signal behavior

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Morning all, I'm hoping everyone can shed a little light on a potential issue I'm having with my turn signal. I do NOT have auto pilot but since the update that enabled assisted lane keep assist I use my turn signal to notify both the car and other drivers much more when I'm changing lanes.

Here is what his happening...

When I press my right turn signal (not to the clicked position like I would for a turn) it blinks 3 times and I change lanes. No problem.

When I press my left turn signal, again not to the clicked position, it stays on forever until I manually turn it off or make a full turn. Is this normal? Maybe I have some sort of faulty mechanism in my turn signal stalk?

Morning all, I'm hoping everyone can shed a little light on a potential issue I'm having with my turn signal. I do NOT have auto pilot but since the update that enabled assisted lane keep assist I use my turn signal to notify both the car and other drivers much more when I'm changing lanes.

Here is what his happening...

When I press my right turn signal (not to the clicked position like I would for a turn) it blinks 3 times and I change lanes. No problem.

When I press my left turn signal, again not to the clicked position, it stays on forever until I manually turn it off or make a full turn. Is this normal? Maybe I have some sort of faulty mechanism in my turn signal stalk?
Mine does the same on the left side from time to time. No rhyme or reason when it does it. I have read that there was an issue with the earlier builds (mine is Sep. 2018) and they have had to make a parts swap to correct it. I haven't bothered to have Tesla fix it, but they should be able to swap out the part if you contact them.

Reactions: Dexterryu
Mine does the same on the left side from time to time. No rhyme or reason when it does it. I have read that there was an issue with the earlier builds (mine is Sep. 2018) and they have had to make a parts swap to correct it. I haven't bothered to have Tesla fix it, but they should be able to swap out the part if you contact them.

Mine has a March '19 build date.

Sept. '18 build, this was issue for our car also, but we never contacted SC about it continued to use the signals. After some months it has been working as designed. In our case I believe it was just needing a break in period.

I just wonder, all the signal units replaced, how many just needed a break in.

When I press my left turn signal, again not to the clicked position, it stays on forever until I manually turn it off or make a full turn. Is this normal?
Not normal. And not unheard of, as you can see from the responses so far. My Aug 2018 Model 3 behaves the same way yours does. I suppose I should set up a Mobile Service appointment and get it fixed...