Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Turn signal mode change since last OTA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've always had my turn signals set to give 3-flashes-and-stop when I press the lever to the first click, which is useful in town.

Since the last OTA (2024.14.9) that stopped working - moving the lever to first click now does the same as moving the lever all the way. I had a look through the menus but couldn't see a setting for this. Or am I missing something?

Reactions: beachmiles
I've always had my turn signals set to give 3-flashes-and-stop when I press the lever to the first click, which is useful in town.

Since the last OTA (2024.14.9) that stopped working - moving the lever to first click now does the same as moving the lever all the way. I had a look through the menus but couldn't see a setting for this. Or am I missing something?
Try to see if 'Auto Cancel' is set under Settings > Lights > Turn Signals. It might be the reason why.

I’ve noticed this myself. Not sure why they’ve done that.

Reactions: beachmiles
It changed a few updates ago. Auto cancel now keeps the half press indicator running until you've changed lanes or taken an exit etc. It uses the camera to detect the change. You can turn the feature off in the menu and go back to 3-flashes instead.

Personally, I don't see the benefit of switching Auto-Cancel off. With it on, you never have to fully press the indicator stalk at all and it's accurate 90% of the time with lane changes. If going round a roundabout, half press down (or up) then a full press in the opposite direction upon exit - couldn't be easier.
Same pinch 😉

Obviously with newer cars like Highland they need this to work well as you only have a button to indicate so no half or full press. However I always used this on the wife’s M3 before I got my Highland and found as others that it works 90%+ of the time just as you’d want. Other times you just need to push in same direction to cancel them out.