Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tyre Pressures and warnings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This topic must have been a coincidence, as I pumped up all 4 tyres this morning (added ~4 psi) as I had noticed the pressure were going down (TeslaFi report) and I didn't want to get any warnings as I've got a long drive later today!

It was a chilly one in our neck of the woods Thu thru Fri

I actually noticed later that day one the tyre pressure screen, it states recommended pressures front and back, hadn't noticed that before.

Handily, they have now made it easy to see what they should be, and actually are, in the app...

Mine is an MP3 as well.
Screenshot_2022-10-19-18-18-11-173_com.teslamotors.tesla.jpg

Reactions: teca01 and M1tch
This may have changed recently, as Q3 MY collections are reporting the on-screen display showing 42psi.

Perhaps this is due to all the noise about MY ride quality so they are correcting it after transport?

Either way, I’ll be checking and adjusting once home and cold. 🥶
We have taken delivery of two MYs this year. The first in March and second in September, both picked up from Birmingham NEC. The first one was delivered with the tyres set to 48 psi cold all round (presumably set in China and never checked before delivery in the UK). At the time I think this was typical based on what others reported at the time. Our September MY however had all the tyres set to the recommended 42 psi all round.

So it looks like they started checking and adjusting pressures before delivery as it would be quite a coincidence to get them spot on from a factory on the other side of the world.

Reactions: Toblerone
DOES ANYONE KNOW WHY??? --- Hey sorry if this has already been mentioned. When I bought My Model 3 Performance 20s", it said the tyre pressures should be COLD 39psi rear and 41psi front on the in car monitor. Now, it says 42psi front and rear. I have changed my PS4s to the non-Tesla ones for looks and a tiny percentage of extra grip and comfort . The range is a little less due to less rolling resistance, but I am all about performance. I also drove from Central England, Lincoln to Southern Spain the following day after having the Non-Tesla's put on with zero issues charging along the way, but there's no way the car would know that I have different tyres. No, the Halfords tyre man didn't change any settings from wither to summer or anything like that. So, its obviously a software update, but why increase it.

I have to say as the non Tesla PS4s at 42psi for 14,000 miles with a 3000 mile round trip and another 11000 miles of driving did wear pretty evenly, as I recently had them changed, and the print out showed 3mm on the inside and 2mm middle and 2mm outer, on both tyres. Yeah I blast it round corners which makes sense as it is leaning and wearing the outer of the tyre etc.

Reactions: boombap
DOES ANYONE KNOW WHY??? --- Hey sorry if this has already been mentioned. When I bought My Model 3 Performance 20s", it said the tyre pressures should be COLD 39psi rear and 41psi front on the in car monitor. Now, it says 42psi front and rear. I have changed my PS4s to the non-Tesla ones for looks and a tiny percentage of extra grip and comfort . The range is a little less due to less rolling resistance, but I am all about performance. I also drove from Central England, Lincoln to Southern Spain the following day after having the Non-Tesla's put on with zero issues charging along the way, but there's no way the car would know that I have different tyres. No, the Halfords tyre man didn't change any settings from wither to summer or anything like that. So, its obviously a software update, but why increase it.

I have to say as the non Tesla PS4s at 42psi for 14,000 miles with a 3000 mile round trip and another 11000 miles of driving did wear pretty evenly, as I recently had them changed, and the print out showed 3mm on the inside and 2mm middle and 2mm outer, on both tyres. Yeah I blast it round corners which makes sense as it is leaning and wearing the outer of the tyre etc.

I’d ignore what the screen says and use the sticker on the door jamb of the car.

I also had differing numbers on the screen vs the usual recommendation at some point last year, if I recall correctly it was advising 44psi front and 45psi rear,I assumed it was an error and ignored it.
42psi sounds correct and is the usual recommendation.

There was a thread a while back that also thought it was a software bug.

Reactions: Ej1749