TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Tyre sales experience in Melb

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand' started by bradjc, Jun 22, 2016.

1. bradjc

bradjc Member

I'm looking at getting some tyres for my Model S, any advice or experiences from tyre companies in Melbourne? Not sure I would take to my local garage that hasn't had some experience lifting these things, plus the last time I had new tyres fitted on my Jeep the rims were covered in nicks and scratches. Wasn't happy that day. Any local experience anyone could recommend?

2. alpal

alpal Member

I have a spare set of new 19" tyres - PM me if you're interested - apologies to moderator if this sort of thing is not allowed.

3. bradjc

bradjc Member

Hehe, me too! Actually am shopping for some 20" tyres for my aftermarket rims, think I've found a good option at TyresPlus in Richmond, they have some good prices and say they've worked on a couple of MSs, one last week. Might give them a go.

4. raynewman

raynewman Member

apal, bradjc - the $x question... How much?
    Also what brand?

5. EcoCloudIT

EcoCloudIT Member

Brad, buy the tyres from TyreSales.com.au and have them delivered to Richmond....let Nathan and the team take care of getting the tyres fitted to your RIMS (drop you RIMS in)...that way once the tyres are fitted/balanced you can just turn up in your car, get them fitted etc. and have no fear of damage to the underside of the car

6. bradjc

bradjc Member

Thanks @EcoCloudIT! Yep, have placed order and should be ready to go soon. Spoke to Lloyd and all seem on the ball and had worked on a Tesla last week. Looking forward to getting them on!

7. meloccom

meloccom Moderator Aus/NZ

A one off "I got a spare one of these" is OK but as TMC has a For Sale section, we would prefer you to use that and then refer back to a local thread if relevant Tesla Parts for Sale
    Either that or you can discuss these type of transactions using the Start a Conversation feature.

8. alpal

alpal Member

Sorry meloccom - just trying to be helpful (and of course trying to get rid of a space stealing set of useless tyres).