Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UAS vs air demand suspension

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have air Demand on my 3 for almost 2 years now. Front drives side strut has failed 3 times and passengers side twice. Both leaking from the top. Mine were installed and rebuilt by a shop each time. Saving up to swap my whole system out for UAS, takes Air Demand months to ship rebuild kits each time leaving my car undrivable.
gadzooks! that's kinda nerve racking and annoying. maybe I should start a UAS savings for the rainy day that might come.....

I've been running my system about 9 months and ~13k miles. knock on wood the only issues I've had are 1) a slow leak on the front left because I used a generic hose that is not as flexible as the one that Air Lift sells and been too lazy to swap it out; 2) a plastic elbow fitting between tank and water trap slipped off because ambient temp in sub-trunk got too hot one day and there was some tension on the fitting. changed that out to brass and gave the air hose more bend to reduce tension. I now carry spare fittings and tools in the car just in case.

Just got my UAS with airlift 3p from Raymond (if anyone's interested, he can hook you up, just hmu and I'll give you his contact info) and installed it myself. Couldn't be happier, just need to tinker with the settings.
Does anyone have a particular setting they like on their awd performance 3? How many clicks up front and in the rears?
I know,, I need to adjust the rears to look lower.

Attachments

• 20211121_220651.jpg
    20211121_220651.jpg
    348.4 KB · Views: 118
Just curious, because I don't wanna give up my frunk to a tank and compressors. Also, do people ONLY lower their cars with these? What about raising it for bumpy conditions and snow?

Sorry this is a month late, but I saw this and wanted to respond.

So you can raise it too but you wont be able to SLAM it hardparked at a parking lot if you have it set really high. Any double bellow kit is not very comfortable to ride at full height/pressure. The UAS single bellow/Sleeve kit is probably the most comfortable if you wanted to do that but again its still not going to be as comfortable at the higher pressures.

Ive run every kit at this point and if you want to actually raise the car at all you want to get UAS. At full height the Model 3 will go higher than the Y easily on their set up.

I dont get on here as much as i should but feel free to reach out with questions. I sell all the kits, and have run them all personally so I can have an opinion an them all. LOL

Reactions: thesmokingman
Just got my UAS with airlift 3p from Raymond (if anyone's interested, he can hook you up, just hmu and I'll give you his contact info) and installed it myself. Couldn't be happier, just need to tinker with the settings.
Does anyone have a particular setting they like on their awd performance 3? How many clicks up front and in the rears?
I know,, I need to adjust the rears to look lower.
Hey can you send contact info?

Thanks!

Anyone running 3p and UAS? Wanted to see if your rear bags are behaving a little weird. Fronts hits psi fine but rear doesn’t seem to settle at the proper height at first double tap
I'm running 3H and UAS. I'm having to regularly check and do another "double tap" to get it to the proper height. Seems the auto height adjustment gets wonky and doesn't auto level back to the presets. A slightly different issue than you.

I'm running 3H and UAS. I'm having to regularly check and do another "double tap" to get it to the proper height. Seems the auto height adjustment gets wonky and doesn't auto level back to the presets. A slightly different issue than you.
If that’s the case then there’s no reason for me to go 3h unless I’m missing something. Here’s my certain case

When I’m at park height then going to ride height it doesn’t seem to “fill” all the way. I have to go the next level higher and then press ride height to be at ride height

Driveway / speed bump height going down to ride height won’t get my rears to the height I want so I have to press park height and then quickly press ride height to be at ride height

Going from ride height to driveway or park height works perfectly fine. Both front and rear

The fronts work totally fine. It’s the rear that act a little weird. Double tapping a couple of times isn’t the end of the world but it’s feels like the manifold is either not giving enough pressure or taking away enough pressure off the bat from a very low or very high setting. The numbers on the screen is correct after the double tap but looking in my rear view mirror I know it’s not. It’s either 5 psi too much or too little.

Don’t get me wrong…I absolutely love it. Smooth as butter and so comfortable. I have a baffled dump and not sure if the baffled dump is causing this.

If that’s the case then there’s no reason for me to go 3h unless I’m missing something. Here’s my certain case

When I’m at park height then going to ride height it doesn’t seem to “fill” all the way. I have to go the next level higher and then press ride height to be at ride height

Driveway / speed bump height going down to ride height won’t get my rears to the height I want so I have to press park height and then quickly press ride height to be at ride height

Going from ride height to driveway or park height works perfectly fine. Both front and rear

The fronts work totally fine. It’s the rear that act a little weird. Double tapping a couple of times isn’t the end of the world but it’s feels like the manifold is either not giving enough pressure or taking away enough pressure off the bat from a very low or very high setting. The numbers on the screen is correct after the double tap but looking in my rear view mirror I know it’s not. It’s either 5 psi too much or too little.

Don’t get me wrong…I absolutely love it. Smooth as butter and so comfortable. I have a baffled dump and not sure if the baffled dump is causing this.
I don't have the specific issues you've described here. Going from one preset to another seems to work fine. It just doesn't go to the exact preset ride height 100% of the time and just slightly off. Initially my installer set my max tank PSI to 150 which didn't allow me to go to full ride height from a full air out but setting the max to 160 now gets me there which works great now with rise on start.
Good call on upgrading to 3H.

Reactions: TwoK4drSi