Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Uber Credits Instead of a Loaner Car at SC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Last week, San Francisco Service Center offered $500 in uber credits or a Tesla loaner through Enterprise. Apparently they were all out of their "free" Tesla loaners, so we just had to give them our credit card to hold $100 for the Enterprise loaner, which was refunded when we returned the car.

Was given $200 in Uber voucher (can only be used with Uber rides, and has an expiration date for a day or 2). They always asked if I had enough and would send me more if needed. My SC has been out of loaner for a while. I kept rescheduling but finally gave up and craved for the uber voucher.

I too received a $100 Uber credit when my car was in for service (more than enough to get me back to work in the middle of the day), but the credits expired at 5 pm. My car was ready for pick up at about 6:00 pm, so had to find my own way back to the service center.

The service center said that they provide the Uber credits whenever they’re out of loaners

I was told this today from the Baltimore Service Center.
(No loaners, just uber).
I said will that get me the 1.5 hours home and back, and to work? (no response)

I have repairs that I know will be at least an entire day, if not more. Car has less than 2,000 miles on it.
Wish I returned it within the week, kept my 3.

It's 1.5 hour drive each way for me. AND they still have not confirmed parts are on-site for the repair.
Complete bull *sugar*. I've own a Tesla since 2015, and always been able to get a loaner car.

I need to go to work to buy these over priced cars.

is that a new concept for people? I'm not using the loaner to run drugs. I'm literally driving to work!

Not happy at all. Had a MUCH better experience at local Audi dealer. Maybe there is something to this dealer network thing.

• Love
Reactions: jeffro01
I was told this today from the Baltimore Service Center.
(No loaners, just uber).
I said will that get me the 1.5 hours home and back, and to work? (no response)

I have repairs that I know will be at least an entire day, if not more. Car has less than 2,000 miles on it.
Wish I returned it within the week, kept my 3.

It's 1.5 hour drive each way for me. AND they still have not confirmed parts are on-site for the repair.
Complete bull *sugar*. I've own a Tesla since 2015, and always been able to get a loaner car.

I need to go to work to buy these over priced cars.

is that a new concept for people? I'm not using the loaner to run drugs. I'm literally driving to work!

Not happy at all. Had a MUCH better experience at local Audi dealer. Maybe there is something to this dealer network thing.

It's not the dealer thing, it's just shitty customer service from a broken company that doesn't care about existing customers, only potential new ones. Tesla is being run much like cell phone companies used to run back in the mid 2000's... If you were an existing customer good luck upgrading to the new/hot phone as most stores only got a couple at a time so they were intentionally held back for new customers only. Why waist a hot phone on a customer you already have was the logic used at the time. Tesla seems to have decided to operate under this premise, if you're not helping their delivery numbers with Wall Street, F-off...

To see the Tesla today is profoundly disappointing... It's only a matter of time before people stop subjecting themselves to this kind of post delivery customer service and stop buying their product...

Jeff

Reactions: rjdoc74
It's not the dealer thing, it's just shitty customer service from a broken company that doesn't care about existing customers, only potential new ones. Tesla is being run much like cell phone companies used to run back in the mid 2000's... If you were an existing customer good luck upgrading to the new/hot phone as most stores only got a couple at a time so they were intentionally held back for new customers only. Why waist a hot phone on a customer you already have was the logic used at the time. Tesla seems to have decided to operate under this premise, if you're not helping their delivery numbers with Wall Street, F-off...

To see the Tesla today is profoundly disappointing... It's only a matter of time before people stop subjecting themselves to this kind of post delivery customer service and stop buying their product...

Jeff
I think it’s just growing pains from a very young car company, still in its infancy. They don’t have all the experience and research re: service departments and expectations of it, in the way that other car companies do. For example, Honda and Toyota dealers know who their customers are and what they expect; same with Mercedes and BMW, which is why the experiences at each are so different but accommodating to their demographic.

Here, Tesla was originally selling cars costing an average of $100k+ (Model S and X) - so there’s a certain demographic they had to appeal to. Now, and suddenly, they have an influx of “regular” people who can afford the Model 3 and those people either don’t know what to expect from service depts. as it’s their first entry-level luxury car (the 3 competes with the C-class and 3-series) or they are converts from the competitors who know what to expect.

So until they figure that out, it’s going to take some time.

I’m no Tesla fan boy who defends everything they do, just my observation

• Disagree
Reactions: rjdoc74

Jeff

It's all getting progressively worse each time I visit. Not only was our Model X issue "not covered under warranty" (that would be worthy of an entirely different thread) we were told no loaners were available but they would give us Uber credit. WE HAVE THREE KIDS IN CAR SEATS, HOW IN THE HELL ARE WE SUPPOSED TO TAKE UBER? We were told we could rent a car at our own expense.

Every time I have to deal with this company makes it that much likelier these will be our last Teslas. So sad...

... so what was the issue that 'was not under warranty'?

yeah, if this does not improve, I'll just go get an Audi or something from a company that knows what customer service means.

I was told to tweet elon and tesla to make our concerns known about this uber bull *sugar*.