Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2020.32.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Preliminary release notes.

https://twitter.com/model3owners/status/1289340885793030144?s=21

5531097D-C87E-49E5-A252-52AC0BCB4EE4.jpeg

A feature I’ve always wanted, but 10 minutes after leaving the car! I’d much rather have a notification as soon as I’m out of Bluetooth range, not when I’m 10 minutes from the car!

I think v10 was 2019.32.11 which we got 29 Sep 2019 and installed the day TeslaFi had spotted it. We also took 2019.32.2.1 which was our first update after taking delivery and that was still v9. That had been in the wild for 12 days prior to then. I can remember v10 not coming as a fresh 4 weekly build and a huge anti-climax after what some had promised. We were only on v9 for a day or so.

It would make sense if v11 was the AP rewrite, so based upon last years time frame, they still have the best part of a couple of months which I think is in line with EMs comments on rewrite timeframes. I did get the impression that v10 had slipped though - possibly waiting on smart summon that failed to materialise at the same time and subsequently rumoured to have had problems - and some will say still does!. Hope v11 is not a similar anti climatic rollout.

I'll comment that v10 soon quickly turned into 10.1 then 10.2 but remains stuck since them. Not sure how those updates worked in previous versions and what triggered a minor version update.

Last edited:
Reactions: Roy W.
More likely for a Type2 charge to be left unattended, and once the car end unlocks the charger end can be disconnected, cable stolen.

this CCS unlock also makes it possible for another car to use the charger if the driver of the first isn’t around
I read the patch notes as the charger cable unlocking automatically when the car is unlocked, rather than once the charge has ended. It says “once charging has stopped”, not “finished”. It could’ve been worded a bit less ambiguously.

Previously you needed to manually unlock the charger port as a separate action to unlocking the car (or instead of), and it seems that will continue to be the case for Type-2, for some reason.

Perhaps Tesla envision people going in and out of their cars when they’re at home, without wanting to stop charging by the cable auto-unlocking, but that this isn’t typically the case for rapid charging (because who is doing that at home?).