Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2020.32.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve definitely had this happen once or twice when opening the car door, the plug latch has unlocked itself. I’m going to go retest...
If the power source is stopped and “charging stopped” is showing on screen, the car unlocks the type two after about 10 seconds of car door being open. Just confirmed on 2020.28.(but I’ve only got 2020.28, so must have been there on 2020.24 as it’s occurred a few times)

• Informative
Reactions: Durzel
If the power source is stopped and “charging stopped” is showing on screen, the car unlocks the type two after about 10 seconds of car door being open. Just confirmed on 2020.28.(but I’ve only got 2020.28, so must have been there on 2020.24 as it’s occurred a few times)
Aah that explains my messing about yesterday. Charge had ended, I opened the door to get something out of the car. Closed it, went round the back and touched unlock port on my phone and nothing happened. It had already unlocked and I didn’t realise.

? Hopefully that means on hold, the brake lights go off when a vehicle pulls up behind you.
Sadly not:
Tesmanian.com said:
DYNAMIC BRAKE LIGHTS
If you are driving over 50 km/h (31 mph) and brake forcefully, the brake lights will now flash quickly to warn other drivers that your car is rapidly slowing down. If your car stops completely, the hazard wrning lights will flash until you press the accelerator or manually press the hazard warning lights button to turn them off.

Got it too. A model X on Twitter has Powerwall coordination in this update too

https://twitter.com/4rsfed/status/1291961158841192448?s=21

Now, this may be getting interesting

https://teslamotorsclub.com/blog/2020/08/10/teslas-latest-software-release-includes-safety-performance-features/ said:
A new “Tesla Powerwall Coordination” feature coordinates with Powerwall for “enhanced charging during a power outage, without exceeding the energy and power capabilities of your Powerwall system.” Powerwall continuously responds to the changing power needs of your home and will slow or stop your car’s charging, keeping your home loads powered.

Hopefully this means that the API will get a charge current function - even better if it gets integrated into the App. For me its a huge omission as its the missing link in getting the car to moderate its charge based upon micro generation.