Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2020.36.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My confusion arose because a few posts before, someone not on 36.x was also saying that they saw speed signs.

So it was clarification whether it was M3-Newbie not knowing about the new speed signs, or a response to see the expected speed signs new in 36.x

Hey - sorry - yes that’s my fault - I didn’t know your new one see the signs whizz past on the visualisation like a cone or a bin! I just have the speed limit number in circle (like a road sign... tbf) and then the cruise control speed - so it’s been my incorrect terminology!!

If I ever get the update I look forward to seeing them whizz past- I assume it’s helping keep the speed and cruise control target speed more accurate then too when going from one zone to another? My car thought b&q carpark was a 70 last weekend...!

Reactions: MrBadger
36.11 was unlikely to be just bug fixes. That you would have expected to be 36.10.x

https://twitter.com/greentheonly/status/1307027874969530369

Still none the wiser though.

upload_2020-9-22_15-58-23.png

A disappointing test drive of 36.11

I had more phantom brakes than I had had in the whole of my driving of the car - but may be a reason* for that.

I was 1/2 way through my drive when I realised that NoA was not active - there was a reason* for that -

and no way to activate without stopping - there was a reason* for that

and could not test my offramp manoeuvre - because no NoA

and it tried to run me off the road at the apex of the on ramp - but I expected that.

* Did the upgrade and immediately after did the manual reboot. Changed the driver profile from wife to me. (may have been profile change followed by the reboot) Went for the test drive.

On investigating the lack of NoA I found that the driver profile was still my wifes. Which explains the lack of NoA as its not enabled in her profile. So I thought that maybe I didn't do the driver profile change. So set it back to me.

But seats didn't move. So I had done the driver profile and it had physically moved everything, but it for some reason, thought that my wifes profile was active.

weird one that.

And slightly reiterated my thoughts that phantom braking is somehow related to driver settings. Not sure off hand what the differences are between the two.

Am getting used to just automatically rebooting car after updates now, no idea if it guarantees better overall experience but Ctrl-alt-del still works in the world of Windows so why not.

Will try out driving tomorrow, was due to go to Warwick for a meeting but just got binned off due to Covid so local roads only

Been having some really strange issues with Autopilot on 36.10

Firstly, headed out on a dual carriageway we use a lot near here. I like sitting at 60 but each time I re-engaged autopilot it would default to 70 and I'd have to swipe down to take it to 60. IIRC, it used to engage at the speed I was going.

Then the dual carriageway became a single lane road and while it was 30 miles of 60 speed limit, the autopilot kept telling me it was a 70.

Today, on local roads one way to a town we shop at, it said it was 60. Coming back, it said it was 30 the whole way which was extremely annoying.

It's never done anything like this before. Anyone else got issues that are similar? Apologies if someone else has reported this in the previous 16 pages!

Firstly, headed out on a dual carriageway we use a lot near here. I like sitting at 60 but each time I re-engaged autopilot it would default to 70 and I'd have to swipe down to take it to 60. IIRC, it used to engage at the speed I was going.
I noticed that too. It's really frustrating especially as it changed without any notice or a toggle switch to choose the behaviour. And now that I can't wake my car following some sort of server or client side software update I am reconsidering how much of a benefit these regular updates really are!

One of the comments above reminded me of another issue, potentially quite serious.

Sometimes engaging TACC (and by inference autosteer) I found the car reluctant to speed up from the current cruise speed. All good so far. However, instead of speeding up, it decides to slow down. On one occasion I was on a faster road and it slowed considerable - had to manually accelerate out of it.

My feeling at the time is that it occurs if you turn on TACC in the area of a speed limit change due to level of braking involved.

Still not seen any auto speed limit changes (other than following a vehicle, fleet speed/corners/slowing for a junction) even though there was plenty of opportunity. And back to no chime on green although never at front of any queue - thought it was also meant to chime when lights turn green and vehicle in front pulls away.

I noticed that too. It's really frustrating especially as it changed without any notice or a toggle switch to choose the behaviour. And now that I can't wake my car following some sort of server or client side software update I am reconsidering how much of a benefit these regular updates really are!

Same here. It's really frustrating that engaging Autopilot now speeds you up to the speed limit rather than maintaining current speed as it did before the 26.10 release. This is particularly annoying in roadworks when a lower limit is in force but Autopilot thinks it's higher and keeps speeding you up when you re-engage autopilot.

Is there any way of getting Tesla to change this "enhancement", either to an option which can be disabled in the settings or rolling back to the previous way it worked? Not sure how many people think it's a backwards step vs an enhancement but it certainly annoys the hell out of me :-(

Reactions: TipsterPhil
def a backwards step. It's super inconvenient and it's a great example of when programmers think they know best and impose a change on consumers without any regard to their preferences.

How do we flag that we hate this and that there are issues? Is there a way to provide feedback in the car? I forget...

def a backwards step. It's super inconvenient and it's a great example of when programmers think they know best and impose a change on consumers without any regard to their preferences.

How do we flag that we hate this and that there are issues? Is there a way to provide feedback in the car? I forget...
There is a way BUT some have said it's pointless and accomplishes nothing. I'm on the fence. To do this you activate voice control, ideally at the time of any incident, and say something like, "Bug Report, Autopilot just tried to kill me by phantom braking with a car close behind". The report assumibly captures the logs, camera data, etc and then it is available to upload to the Tesla overlords and such with the bug tag flagged. Your tesla uploads a lot of learning material from camera's already when it's on wifi.

• Helpful
Reactions: Doudeau
To do this you activate voice control, ideally at the time of any incident, and say something like, "Bug Report, Autopilot just tried to kill me by phantom braking with a car close behind".

Or press and hold the car icon bottom right of the screen - works better than flaky voice but you dont get a chance to input reason. It simply comes back with a 'thankyou for your feedback' but where/if it ends up is anyones guess. I was told its just a marker in the logs that is accessible for around two weeks if service need to check your car. No sign that its a pre-emptive action.

36.11 downloaded this afternoon, and some odd things have happened since.

First off, the audio system seemed to have died, all the stored radio stations disappeared, and it took ten minutes of driving for the audio to start working (can't receive radio at home, but can three or four minutes drive away).

Then the auto headlights came on, and the dipped beams are now pointing way up in the air, so high that I was getting flashed by every car coming towards me and had cars in front switching their rear fogs on out of annoyance. Unfortunately our drive's on a steep slope, so any sort of DIY beam setting is probably a non-starter. I'll see if the local garage can set the lights up for me when they re-open on Monday.

The positive thing is that the speed limit sign visualisations that were supposedly added when 36.10 downloaded last week have started working, after not working at all since that last update.

The other odd thing is that the screen was blank when I got in this evening. Took maybe ten seconds or so for it to come on.

Anyone else see weirdness like this?