Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2021 Model 3 Q3 collection and delivery experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I couldn’t see a Q3 version for this and with a busy few weeks coming up I thought it would be a good idea to start a thread with everyone’s experiences this quarter. Feel free to share your experiences.

Picked my white M3 LR up from Glasgow 12 days ago, build quality for mine seems immaculate, no problems with the paint. If i'm being super critical one of the real light housing sits out about 1mm compared to the other but it's not an issue.

Was a very hands off collection as expected, they quickly had a look over my trade-in then got me to sign it off. Handed me a keycard and that was it, i spent 30 minutes looking over the car before driving off by which time the app was fully functional. Other than having a couple soft re-boots everything is working as expected with no issues to speak of really. Long may that continue :)

Picked my white M3 LR up from Glasgow 12 days ago, build quality for mine seems immaculate, no problems with the paint. If i'm being super critical one of the real light housing sits out about 1mm compared to the other but it's not an issue.

Was a very hands off collection as expected, they quickly had a look over my trade-in then got me to sign it off. Handed me a keycard and that was it, i spent 30 minutes looking over the car before driving off by which time the app was fully functional. Other than having a couple soft re-boots everything is working as expected with no issues to speak of really. Long may that continue :)
What % was your battery on collection?

Picked up my LR (red, 19in wheels) from Belfast just over a week ago. No issues at all, seems perfect, except the bonnet seemed a little hazy with light microscratches which I put down to poor wash/prep prior to delivery

I’d the car booked in with a local detailer who machine polished the whole car and ceramic coated it which has resulted in a hugely improved finish. He said the bonnet and bootlid had had some machine polishing done prior to
delivery but they’d corrected everything.

Compared to the SR+ I’d bought a month or so ago there’s no rattles, seems pretty well put together.

The car came with a black 4 metre Type-2 cable (in a bag with a Tesla part number), compared to the 4.5m Blue Mennekes cable my previous SR+ came with.

Reactions: Erol and Magstauk
I've read in some other threads that if you're picking up from a place with a supercharger, you can charge up for free on collection day. Something to do with the car still showing as under Tesla's system.

Can anyone confirm this?

I've read in some other threads that if you're picking up from a place with a supercharger, you can charge up for free on collection day. Something to do with the car still showing as under Tesla's system.

Can anyone confirm this?
I believe this is a myth. I guess you can try it and see but someone I know did when they collected their car earlier this year and they were charged for its use. It's probably only free if you have free supercharger miles.

Reactions: IAmNotARobot

Can anyone confirm this?

It certainly use to be the case, but if not, its still going to be pretty inexpensive to top up.

The biggest issue will be supercharger availability. To put it in perspective, the likes of Heathrow/West Drayton may be delivering 200 cars a day, but they have iirc 6 superchargers.

It certainly use to be the case, but if not, its still going to be pretty inexpensive to top up.

The biggest issue will be supercharger availability. To put it in perspective, the likes of Heathrow/West Drayton may be delivering 200 cars a day, but they have iirc 6 superchargers.
West Drayton told me they are no longer a collection point, everything is Brent Cross.

Can anyone confirm this?
Had a friend do this. They took the car to the super charger before it was officially handed over to them and once plugged in the centre activated the car to the user and no cost.

Had a friend do this. They took the car to the super charger before it was officially handed over to them and once plugged in the centre activated the car to the user and no cost.
I'm picking up from Brent Cross, only two superchargers. But they have a row of slow charge for their demo cars, fingers crossed they hook mine up to it before delivery day

Reactions: moodel_tree
I picked up from Brent Cross on Friday. SR+ - came with about 100 miles of range, which gave us the excuse to have our first supercharger experience, at South Mimms. Very impressed so far - but no Premium Connectivity trial as yet, nor the 1000 referral supercharger miles. I've emailed but no response - will follow up with a call tomorrow.

I picked up from Brent Cross on Friday. SR+ - came with about 100 miles of range, which gave us the excuse to have our first supercharger experience, at South Mimms. Very impressed so far - but no Premium Connectivity trial as yet, nor the 1000 referral supercharger miles. I've emailed but no response - will follow up with a call tomorrow.
Congrats on picking up your M3!

That's a little concerning about the 1000 supercharger miles. As I understand, it should show up in your loot box not long after you sign for the car?
Also a shame it only came with 100 mile range, guess I'll also have to stop my South Mimms after collection, or maybe pop back into Brent Cross later in the evening when it's closed, and the tariff is cheaper (well hopefully the referral worked and I get my free miles!)

Aside from that, how was the collection experience itself? Any issues with the car?