Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2021 Model 3 Q3 collection and delivery experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Screenshot_20210929-121853_Photos.jpg

The car is all but perfect following a quick inspection for panels, paint etc. There are some areas that look like scratches on the sills but it's like gum and comes off. There's what looks like bird poo on the windscreen which comes off with my nail but needs shifting properly.

There's a faint yellow line on one of the sills too (pic attached) that hasn't budged with a spit and wipe, any idea if it's a paint issue?

Attachments

• 20210929_122113.jpg
    20210929_122113.jpg
    186.9 KB · Views: 59
I collected my White M3 Long Range from Glasgow yesterday. Overall the process was smooth and after going through a checklist I found a small number of issues that the team were able to fix. Nothing major, just a few marks that I thought were scratches but in fact easily buffed out by hand in <1 min.

When I was getting to grips with the system on site I couldn't get spotify to work - it only gave me the option to sign in using a personal account, rather than the "tesla account" that I've seen others use through forums/youtube. I went to ask help at the service desk and the chap there said the only option you should have is to use your own account, and that premium connectivity doesn't come with spotify included. I thought this didn't sound quite right so decided not to debate it much further and figure it out myself. I then realised deselecting spotify as a source then re-selecting it then allowed me to choose "tesla account" and I got logged in straight away. I'd say it is a little disappointing the service guy didn't know this as it feels like quite a straightforward one - but perhaps I'm being too picky.

I'm really pleased with the car and the process in general for getting it. The couple who were collecting their car next to me were having a small issue being checked on the charge port not quite sitting flush with the trim but they reported no other issues whilst I briefly spoke with them.

Oh, and it had 33% charge when I picked it up.

Collected from the NEC around 90 mins ago. Positive experience and I met my SA who I've only ever spoken to on the phone! He went over and above to ensure the wife and I were all sorted before we headed off.

There was a very minor issue pairing my key card with my phone... Probably permissions I've denied for the app as my wife's worked fine. I'll sort it out when I'm home so no big deal. The car was immaculate with no visible issues inside and out.

I've got a long range and I can confirm it comes with floor mats, mudflaps, 128gb usb stick for sentry mode.

Very relaxed collection process, the staff don't rush you and are very helpful if you have questions and they have microfiber cloths on hand to wipe of any glue residue left over from prepping the cars.

The car came with around 94 miles of charge, I didn't check percentage but I'd assume its around 30%. There aren't any chargers at the NEC so your only option is to stop off at a supercharger on the way home. This worked out well for us as it gives us a chance to grab some lunch while we wait.