Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2021 Model 3 Q4 Collection and Delivery Experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just done a forensic examination of the car and all I could find was a ding to bottom of mudflap and some water droplets in indicator lights after a hand wash before a polish But ridiculously easy to book a mobile service appointment in the app for just 2 days time Sending back some accessories though -frunk mat is a poor fit and I'm not going to bother with the locking wheel nuts

Let sleep before delivery! Very excited.

I live in the Highlands and have home delivery booked…. May be a long day of waiting 😂
Very exciting! Can you tell me, were you always scheduled for home delivery, or did you change this after your order was confirmed, is it possible to arrange this if they've already said it's not available at the time of purchase? Thanks

Very exciting! Can you tell me, were you always scheduled for home delivery, or did you change this after your order was confirmed, is it possible to arrange this if they've already said it's not available at the time of purchase? Thanks
When I ordered, my only option was collection, same for when I got my scheduling text. However, a week or two later, after speaking on the live chat, I was offered home delivery.

Two more sleeps ... :cool:
I was always booked as delivery. It’s a lease so perhaps something they arranged for me.

Been keenly reading and consuming info from here so finally, now I have some info of my own, I thought I'd better contribute too! I have a M3LR white, black interior 18inch aero wheels coming. Ordered 29/09, VIN appeared in source code 02/11, delivery text received a few moments ago 09/11 and collection booked for 10/12. Slightly later than I'd hoped but now I finally have a date, I'm very chuffed! One strange thing was that I had selected Birmingham NEC as collection location and when I went to book, it only offered me National Space Centre in Leicester - not particularly convenient but it'll do!

Due to pick up my M3LR 4/12 in Glasgow, can anyone advise are the cars fully up to date with the latest software when we get them, or like everything else these days do they immediately slap a bang load of updates for you to download?
They won’t be up to date and they typically won’t update for a few days/weeks. Tesla like new cars to be in a known state in case owners report issues, that way they can rule out bugs that may have been introduced in a new software version.

Reactions: Katic1972
I had my M3LR delivered monday and I raised a service request just before the 48 hours were up.
The only two things I noticed to be "off" with the car were the below:

I'm not sure whether they warrant a service request or whether theyre normal. I guess my concern is, where will the water go once it gets in?

IMG_8110.JPG

IMG_8116.JPG

The seal here is slightly bent, so when the door shuts it gets bent under the glass. I have tried to correct it myself but did not work!

Also, the roofing seal? Normal?? Seems a pretty big hole for water to travel into?
IMG_8113.JPG

The second two look normal. Give the seal some time to find it’s normal then decide. We had ours replaced a few months back under warranty to no need to rush to see how it ends up.

As for roof glass, the actual seal of the glass is well away from the edge of the glass. The area where you say water will travel into is indeed for water to travel in to. The whole outer sides of the glass area is a water channel.

The second two look normal. Give the seal some time to find it’s normal then decide. We had ours replaced a few months back under warranty to no need to rush to see how it ends up.

As for roof glass, the actual seal of the glass is well away from the edge of the glass. The area where you say water will travel into is indeed for water to travel in to. The whole outer sides of the glass area is a water channel.
Nice to know thank you.
The first 2 photos are the same part, door open and door closed. It just bugs me how it folds over abit when closed.
Good to know the roof seal is normal! I didn't realise this oops

The first 2 photos are the same part, door open and door closed. It just bugs me how it folds over abit when closed.

This was ours, now replaced under warranty after nearly 2 years of ownership. I never noticed it causing any issues and it wasn't worth a visit in its own right, but I included it on new service request that had other items that needed looking into. I didn't actually notice it at first as I rarely open that door except if washing the car so couldn't say if it was like that from new or just deformed over time. We had a similar issue with the other door where a rubber end cap kept on popping off - that one just needed fitting correctly by someone who knew how it should be fitted and not by me or the factory fitter who clearly don't.

1636545684638.png

I gave my 4 day old M3LR a wash to give it a thorough check and also went out at night to check lights etc. I got the warning about door pillar cameras being blinded but that's a long standing issue . Anyway I noticed water droplets in the fog lights and requested a service visit They came within 48hrs and took the front of the car off and replaced both units. I was impressed -thought they might have just used some sealant but they've done a proper job

IMG_2604.jpeg

Reactions: Simonix and MrT3
Another member of Club Red checking in today!

Collected from Birmingham St Andrews on a damp morning. The car was covered in water droplets, making it difficult to give the paintwork a thorough inspection. Passed the mykein/teslaprep checklist from GitHub with not a single issue (other than not being able to check paintwork):

IMG_3544.jpg

Handover couldn't have been easier; we were in and out in under 30 minutes, including time to get comfortable in the car before setting off. We phoned ahead a few days beforehand to ask if they could ensure there were sufficient angry pixies in the tank for the 62 mile trip home, and were pleasantly surprised to see the battery at 68%.

Cue a mildly stressful drive in a brand new car on unfamiliar city roads before hitting the very busy M6 south. Car drove perfectly; no wobbles, straight-ahead steering, and quiet. Except for a very minor rattle on the passenger side B pillar, cured by SWMBO after a bit of fiddling with the belt adjuster.

Despite grubby roads, it arrived home still looking peachy...
IMG_3545.jpg

IMG_3546.jpg

IMG_3548.jpg

Oh, and did I mention it's fast?!? 🤘:D

Steve

This was ours, now replaced under warranty after nearly 2 years of ownership. I never noticed it causing any issues and it wasn't worth a visit in its own right, but I included it on new service request that had other items that needed looking into. I didn't actually notice it at first as I rarely open that door except if washing the car so couldn't say if it was like that from new or just deformed over time. We had a similar issue with the other door where a rubber end cap kept on popping off - that one just needed fitting correctly by someone who knew how it should be fitted and not by me or the factory fitter who clearly don't.

View attachment 731367
Ah yeah looks like exactly the same! I'll raise a service request as I do want some other bits looking at too.

Have some odd clear looking spots on the frunks paint work?
IMG_8155.JPG

IMG_8153.JPG

also, found this only 48 hours after owning :(

IMG_8156.JPG

My model 3 arrived today. Mega impressed, text last night with a 4 hour window then a text when the driver set off with real time tracking.

Couldn’t find any faults with the panel gaps or on the car generally. Looks amazing! The interior whilst great was dirty, dirty water marks on the drivers and passenger seats but cleaned up easy enough. Haven’t been far today, been hectic, but regen breaking takes some getting used to and it flys when you floor it!
6A147786-9115-4E97-8CD5-C060340573C2.jpeg