Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2021 Model 3 Q4 Collection and Delivery Experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Car finally arrived yesterday at 4.30pm. It was a lease car, so delivered to me. The delivery driver said he couldnt deliver through the gates at work (too narrow for him, despite artic lorries using all the time) so unloaded onto the roadside, in the dark... so no real chance of inspection. Tesla had advised me I have 7 days or 100 miles (whichever soonest) to note anything to them.
The car - Long range - is amazing. Just grin when driving. still lots to learn in all the controls etc, but thats part of the fun.
As a lease, delivery was 4.30, took until about 8.00pm to appear on the Tesla app. Then could watch the charging (came with 50%).
already husband and I are finding extra excuses to 'pop out'.
Just 😄 loving it.

Collected my LR this afternoon from Southampton Western Docks, walked from the railway station - the security guards at the gate were slightly bemused saying "it's a long way!" (it's about 20 min walk from the station)

No-one else there when I picked the car up and were only a couple of cars left being prepared for pick up. Checked in, walked over to the car with the keys, checked it over - only one minor indentation in the seat fabric on the rear seat from what looks like a depression caused in transit - signed and then off on the way. Had 86% SoC on collection. Nice and easy and what a fun drive home down the M27 and A31... going to take a while to get used to one pedal. :D The system had fully calibrated for TACC and Autopilot by the time I reached J1 of the M27.

Once you stop yourself keep lifting fully off the throttle things will get super smooth! A gradual "feathering" gentle lift off style is quickly developed after a couple of drives.

Didn't realise this thread was here but I collected yesterday, LR AWD white/ white that came in on TALIA. It's in perfect nick and a lot "tighter" build than my previous M3 which was a 2019 Freemont one. Happy to answer any questions if anyone has any and please do enjoy your cars when they come.
Sorry to be a pain (and total geek) but could you confirm the "variant" and "version" from the V5C form. I have a 2019 which is an E3D "variant" and BB1T1 "version" corresponding to a c.78kwh Panasonic battery (the old chemistry). My replacement is due in early November and I'd like to know which batteries are currently being shipped in the LRs from China. Word is there is a new LG 82kw pack labelled as the E5LD variant. Thanks

176F7B73-73ED-4610-BF49-FC6E883549CC.jpeg
10B33B0F-ED2D-4AF1-8C86-AEE0B04BD9E9.jpeg
3FC94162-F1FD-4689-BBFE-A944DDC554D6.jpeg
A7E99CE5-0A1F-430E-BB1F-E3778DD1AE37.jpeg
Got my M3 LR MSM with 19” delivered yesterday just after lunch. Didn’t get a text to say the driver had set off because he forgot!

Anyway it was good to see it just rock up. Had 100% battery which i was surprised about. Anyone always had this?

Car looks spot on. Love driving it. Interior was a little dirty in places which I wasn’t really expecting.

View attachment 732554View attachment 732555View attachment 732556View attachment 732557Got my M3 LR MSM with 19” delivered yesterday just after lunch. Didn’t get a text to say the driver had set off because he forgot!

Anyway it was good to see it just rock up. Had 100% battery which i was surprised about. Anyone always had this?

Car looks spot on. Love driving it. Interior was a little dirty in places which I wasn’t really expecting.

Looks great, same colour I've ordered, enjoy 👍...have you checked what battery you've got?... there's a big discussion on whether it's the Panasonic or LG giving different ranges...Europe definitely got the longer range battery, just seeing if they've started filtering any over to the UK... could you head over to- 'UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries' thread where this is being discussed by people waiting for their vehicles with any information you may have on yours...Thanks!

Last edited:
View attachment 732554View attachment 732555View attachment 732556View attachment 732557Got my M3 LR MSM with 19” delivered yesterday just after lunch. Didn’t get a text to say the driver had set off because he forgot!

Looks great! This is exactly what I had ordered until I switched to the Model Y.

Is wireless charging working?

Was it driven or on the back of a truck?

Wanted to ask those who've picked up their car this week, following on from reports of more missing features from the Fremont Factory, and I'm curious if the issues are affecting the Shanghai factory. Does your new Tesla have the following working?;
- Wireless Charging
- USB C Ports in the front
- Passenger Lumbar support

Cheers!

Reactions: Abcmsaj and jlz78
Wanted to ask those who've picked up their car this week, following on from reports of more missing features from the Fremont Factory, and I'm curious if the issues are affecting the Shanghai factory. Does your new Tesla have the following working?;
- Wireless Charging
- USB C Ports in the front
- Passenger Lumbar support

Cheers!
Wireless charging and USB C ports present but no passenger lumbar support which is a shame as drivers side rather good

Reactions: Abcmsaj and Arran