Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2021 Model 3 Q4 Collection and Delivery Experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Unless there are large droplets running down they won’t replace them. You can disperse light condensation by warming the lens with a hairdryer and with any luck it won’t come back. If you do try this you need to warm it for quite a long period and keep touching the plastic to make sure it doesn’t get too hot… but certainly good and warm. I’ve had condensation just a couple of times since Sept 19 but it has cleared quite easily.
Thanks might give that a try if it doesn’t get better

Have you had it connected to wifi overnight? Also, have you checked in the app?

Quite a few people on here, and others I know have had theirs "magically appear" even without any software update
Yeah to both, connected to WiFi all night and a lot of yesterday, and keep checking the app but nothing there yet. Might do a reset of the car and see if that does anything

Anyone else with an SR+ had their heated rears and steering wheel activated? Nothing yet on mine 24 hours after pick up

Mine activated after a few hours. It was after I got delivery accepted text. Things I'd also done up to them activating:
- Connected the car to my phones hotspot/wifi (brielfy though)
- Emailed [email protected] to ask them - didnt receive a reply though.

So, it could have been any of them (or totally coicidental). I didn't get any updates though before they activated.

Didn't get chance to take any photos of my car after I got home, and its rained pretty much since! I did take one before I got into it though...
IMG_0665.JPG

Picked up my M3P yesterday from Thorpe Park, super smooth pickup experience - just showed my ID, they brought the car round, key cards were handed over, and the car instantly popped up in the app on my phone. They then left me to inspect the car.

Absolutely no issues with the car, some small scuffs on the rear and drivers side but they just wiped off with a microfibre cloth. Paintwork and panels are pretty much perfect from what I can tell. Car came with about 45% charge, which was plenty for getting where I needed to be.
The staff at the handover let me take the car around the carpark of all the hundreds of other Tesla's parked up waiting for their new owners, which was a pretty incredible sight - and a good opportunity to get used to the controls before heading out on the road.

I am absolutely in love with driving it, got used to hold mode a lot quicker than I expected and it's so nice barely having to use the brake pedal - and it's so fun and easy to drive. I would recommend to everyone to just keep it in hold mode, and not bother with any of the other settings. I was very pleasantly surprised as I was going from only driving 1-1.6l manual petrol cars in the past, I had never even driven an automatic before! The difference between the casual and sport mode (Performance model) is massive! The acceleration in sport mode is unreal, and a lot of fun. After a couple of attempts with Enhanced AutoPilot (mainly being freaked out by when it's going to stop for the car in front), I eventually got used to it and it works amazingly (especially great for stop and start traffic on the m25 xD) - you just have to learn to trust it knows what it's doing. It also calibrated within the first 25 minutes of driving, although a lot of which was in traffic. Even got my first supercharge in, absolutely painless experience and instantly charged the card on my Tesla account. Heated seats, steering wheel, etc all work great.

Car seems to have come on version 2021.36.5.5 - so not sure if I'm due an update? But no real issues with the software so far other than Spotify acting a bit strange until I logged in with my personal Spotify account, since then it's been flawless. We've had a lot of fun blasting random sounds out of the external speaker.

Overall - I am blown away and can't believe I finally have the car! All of you waiting to pick up are really in for a treat! Good luck, and have fun!

Edit: Just added a quick pic from the passenger from while we were looping around the car park and a pic of the car when it was being brought round by the staff member. (Apologies about the low quality, it was a still from a video).

Attachments

• tempImage0IXxBy.png
    tempImage0IXxBy.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 51
  • Screenshot 2021-11-26 at 09.49.52.png
    Screenshot 2021-11-26 at 09.49.52.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 55
Last edited:
Anyone else with an SR+ had their heated rears and steering wheel activated? Nothing yet on mine 24 hours after pick up
I am 48 hours in now and still hasn't been updated for me, been connected to wi-fi with 20mbps download speed at least when i have checked pretty much the whole time and also tried using phone as a hot spot to see if that does it but nothing still. Like others have said though they had it appear in the app out of nowhere after only a few hours. Seems very random.

Didn't get chance to take any photos of my car after I got home, and its rained pretty much since! I did take one before I got into it though...
Wow that paint looks way better than I thought it would after its travels.
Looks like Tesla didn't turn the black paint into a swirl monster when they prepped it....there's hope for not having to breakout a rotary polisher yet :)

Have you had it connected to wifi overnight? Also, have you checked in the app?

Quite a few people on here, and others I know have had theirs "magically appear" even without any software update
Not got it activated on mine yet but the Tesla wasn’t playing ball with my WiFi extender so ended up tethered to my phone last night and this morning. On the plus side my rear light lenses are condensation free and clear this morning - no hairdryer needed!

Reactions: Adopado and Simonix
Picked up my M3P yesterday from Thorpe Park, super smooth pickup experience - just showed my ID, they brought the car round, key cards were handed over, and the car instantly popped up in the app on my phone. They then left me to inspect the car.

Absolutely no issues with the car, some small scuffs on the rear and drivers side but they just wiped off with a microfibre cloth. Paintwork and panels are pretty much perfect from what I can tell. Car came with about 45% charge, which was plenty for getting where I needed to be.
The staff at the handover let me take the car around the carpark of all the hundreds of other Tesla's parked up waiting for their new owners, which was a pretty incredible sight - and a good opportunity to get used to the controls before heading out on the road.

I am absolutely in love with driving it, got used to hold mode a lot quicker than I expected and it's so nice barely having to use the brake pedal - and it's so fun and easy to drive. I would recommend to everyone to just keep it in hold mode, and not bother with any of the other settings. I was very pleasantly surprised as I was going from only driving 1-1.6l manual petrol cars in the past, I had never even driven an automatic before! The difference between the casual and sport mode (Performance model) is massive! The acceleration in sport mode is unreal, and a lot of fun. After a couple of attempts with Enhanced AutoPilot (mainly being freaked out by when it's going to stop for the car in front), I eventually got used to it and it works amazingly (especially great for stop and start traffic on the m25 xD) - you just have to learn to trust it knows what it's doing. It also calibrated within the first 25 minutes of driving, although a lot of which was in traffic. Even got my first supercharge in, absolutely painless experience and instantly charged the card on my Tesla account. Heated seats, steering wheel, etc all work great.

Car seems to have come on version 2021.36.5.5 - so not sure if I'm due an update? But no real issues with the software so far other than Spotify acting a bit strange until I logged in with my personal Spotify account, since then it's been flawless. We've had a lot of fun blasting random sounds out of the external speaker.

Overall - I am blown away and can't believe I finally have the car! All of you waiting to pick up are really in for a treat! Good luck, and have fun!

Edit: Just added a quick pic from the passenger from while we were looping around the car park and a pic of the car when it was being brought round by the staff member. (Apologies about the quality, it was a still from a video).
Just added a couple of pics to this post :)

Edit: Just added a quick pic from the passenger from while we were looping around the car park.
Thanks for this, I'm in a similar boat of having never driven an automatic before. I did get to test drive one twice so at least I have some idea.