Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2021 Model 3 Q4 Collection and Delivery Experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@Pabloscot ours was fine, and so were all the other cars at Southampton that I walked past (cause I can't help myself from looking ☺️)

So far the only negative I found after washing it today to get yesterday's muck off is that numberplate holders are ugly and stupid - but I can see how they make Tesla's life super-easy. The front one does not curve well with the bumper and will get a lot of muck under you can't clean I expect - will look at a stick on plate for the front I think (see thread on this if your interested).

Reactions: Pabloscot
@Pabloscot ours was fine, and so were all the other cars at Southampton that I walked past (cause I can't help myself from looking ☺️)

So far the only negative I found after washing it today to get yesterday's muck off is that numberplate holders are ugly and stupid - but I can see how they make Tesla's life super-easy. The front one does not curve well with the bumper and will get a lot of muck under you can't clean I expect - will look at a stick on plate for the front I think (see thread on this if your interested).

@TallPaul thanks for the thoroughness - I’ve been wishing I had done a tour of the car park in Bristol to take a look at the others (can’t quite justify the 130 mile round trip for another look…well maybe more that the missus would think I’m bonkers)! It was hard to see how much was missing when the car was parked so close to others, though still not worth rejecting as I’m sure it will get sorted and the pain of having no car for 3-4 months definitely wouldn’t be worth it

Question for those who have recently collected an M3LR (especially those who did so from the Trafford Centre in Manchester):

How long is the charging cable you got with the car? There seem to be mixed posts on here over the past couple months... Some are getting 3m, some 6.5m... I'm really hoping for the latter!

So I received my M3LR yesterday (haven't been able to post as went away pretty quickly after receiving), was delivered to me at around 11am with about 45% charge, all checked over and the only issue is the missing paint on the sills (I have a black M3), I have raised it for a service and have pictures, unfortunately I was only able to raise it at that night as I didn't receive access to the app until about 10pm (mine is a company car) and had already put over 100 miles on it, fingers crossed they approve the work. Car is lovely, had a great drive up with it and enjoyed using autopilot with only a couple of minor phantom braking issues that appeared to relate to the timing in which I moved over to another lane on the motorway. Supercharging has been great, charged today from 13% to 85% in about 35 mins on what I believe was a v2 charger, and my free miles were added too (ordered before they cancelled the scheme)
IMG-2535.jpg

Collect my SR+ from Southampton on Saturday. Trains not running due to weather but turned out to be a saving grace as no way you could walk from the train station especially in that weather! Was fairly quiet when I arrived at midday. About six other cars ready to be collected in the tent. Hundreds of them out the back!

Handover was literally two mins and then I spent about 30 mins inspecting every inch! Other than a slightly bigger gap on the rear door on one side (not big enough to worry about) and a few drops of cleaning product on the arm rest all was fine and that was me being picky!

Car had 40% car so enough to get back to Bournemouth no problem. Auto steer became available after about 15 miles and by the time I got home the car was showing on my phone. Connected it to WiFi for a software update. No heated rear seats or steering wheel so still waiting on that. Does anyone have these yet?

A760EF49-EACE-4B80-AB31-862F79F05085.jpeg

So what’s this then and what does it look like? I did notice that in the test drive the wind noise was much reduced compared to my 2019 test drive.

These:

Reactions: Elmet
So I received my M3LR yesterday (haven't been able to post as went away pretty quickly after receiving), was delivered to me at around 11am with about 45% charge, all checked over and the only issue is the missing paint on the sills (I have a black M3), I have raised it for a service and have pictures, unfortunately I was only able to raise it at that night as I didn't receive access to the app until about 10pm (mine is a company car) and had already put over 100 miles on it, fingers crossed they approve the work. Car is lovely, had a great drive up with it and enjoyed using autopilot with only a couple of minor phantom braking issues that appeared to relate to the timing in which I moved over to another lane on the motorway. Supercharging has been great, charged today from 13% to 85% in about 35 mins on what I believe was a v2 charger, and my free miles were added too (ordered before they cancelled the scheme)View attachment 738419
Oh nice you got free miles!!! Fingers crossed they honour mine too!