Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2021 Model 3 Q4 Collection and Delivery Experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Another day and night on WiFi and still no rear heated seats etc. Is this at least consistent with other people's experiences after picking up their SR+?
Yes picked mine up on Thursday and had WiFi and charger at various points and overnight last night - still no heated wheel or rear seats. Happy to trust they will eventually appear and was told it may take 4-6 weeks (so should be by end of year). My Software is all up to date according to the car

Hi everyone. Long time lurker, but newbie poster here.
My SR+ black/black was delivered late Friday. Never had a test drive, never driven an EV before. Im a complete amateur!
I’m over the moon with it. Build quality is excellent. I’m even pleasantly surprised with how it looks irl. I bought the wheel kit thinking I’d remove the Aeros - but I actually think they look great. The acceleration is nuts! Can’t imagine what it’s like for those with a LR or performance model!
All went smoothly with the app syncing with the car - it just seemed to happen by magic. I can’t seem to “claim ownership” of the vehicle in my website account. I’m assuming that’s because it’s leased. I want to be able to look at options like getting premium connectivity etc.
Anyway, I’m waffling. Just wanted to say - I’m chuffed with the car, and thanks to all of you on these forums for the various bits of advice over the last few weeks! 👍
Welcome. Lease customers have reported the premium connectivity just stays active without any further payment, so see what happens in a month.

Moderation comment - what a mess this thread is! Please keep this thread free for people to read about others collection and delivery experiences that have actually happened. If you wish to discuss upcoming deliveries, the Wiki - UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries thread is the place for that.
Is anyone else shocked at how few photos there are relative to posts 😂😂. It’s always so exciting to see a model 3 in 1 of 5 colours and 1 of 2 interiors and 3 wheels!!
When collecting what is the purpose of that red model 3 in the Tesla tent? Is it a demonstration car?

Welcome. Lease customers have reported the premium connectivity just stays active without any further payment, so see what happens in a month.
I really hope this is correct as mine’s on a lease.
Is anyone else shocked at how few photos there are relative to posts 😂😂. It’s always so exciting to see a model 3 in 1 of 5 colours and 1 of 2 interiors and 3 wheels!!
When collecting what is the purpose of that red model 3 in the Tesla tent? Is it a demonstration car?
Yes, we definitely need more pics! My Canon EOS R will be locked and loaded on delivery day!

Hello, picked up mine yesterday from Thorpe Park - main car park. You aren't given much info apart from just turn up, so thought would add here.

You think you're missing something as it's all too easy. But it is also a learning curve, particularly as think am missing something.

Was literally 5 mins in a constructed temp tent, they hand over the card and that's it. You then go over to another section and see your car in a covered area. No one was there, did a quick check as freezing. Even if there was something small wrong, they tell you to call Tesla. You can see all the other Teslas in the car park, there's heaps.

Trade in: They didn't really care that I only had one key, and didn't check the car. Let me get the new car and take it over to the old one to empty
Then off!

Driving is relatively straight forward - mainly getting used to the lever from parking, finding reverse. Best think is not needing to use the break as it does this by releasing the accelerator.

Charge: had about 120 miles. Charger in the frunk - had to find it in the cold, so if you don't know...
Have charged it on the lamp post outside my house, but to 100%, have now seen recommends to 90% (eek)

Docs to sort: London
Insurance - done
Resident Parking Permit renewal (opt - Westminster give you 6 weeks temp permit)
DVLA might take a while to reg car and get it registered and the V5 doc
Congestion charge (opt) - think because not registered I still need to pay until they recognise the car.

Not sure if I'm forgetting anything or doing this new Tesla experience right, just finding my way... let me know if anything missed.

Another day and night on WiFi and still no rear heated seats etc. Is this at least consistent with other people's experiences after picking up their SR+?
Yeah mine was delivered Wednesday, it’s fully connected to WiFi as it’s about 3m away from the router. Showing it’s receiving about 20mbps download. Still nothing. Like others have said worst case sounds like it’ll be the end of the year and then chase if still not there. Just frustrating others seem to receive the update so quickly haha

Here’s my new SR+ Taking on some juice from my outdoor socket while I wait for PodPoint to sort their sh*t out. Car is already filthy from the storm kicking up loads of sandy soil (we live near the coast). Daughter can’t keep away from the car and keeps finding new hacks and Easter eggs on TikTok 🥴

Reactions: Advocate
Here’s my new SR+ Taking on some juice from my outdoor socket while I wait for PodPoint to sort their sh*t out. Car is already filthy from the storm kicking up loads of sandy soil (we live near the coast). Daughter can’t keep away from the car and keeps finding new hacks and Easter eggs on TikTok 🥴
Whoops - here’s the pic

Attachments

• 5A0F0F36-BD9D-4994-B829-156CA63A4A4F.jpeg
    5A0F0F36-BD9D-4994-B829-156CA63A4A4F.jpeg
    687.5 KB · Views: 67
Got mine from Thorpe Park yesterday. Have to say that the experience was first class - 5 mins at the front desk with the very friendly staff, got the key cards, and walked over to the main collection tent.

Found my car pretty easily - had 115 miles of charge so happy with that. Spent 20 mins or so inspecting the car - no panel gaps or nasty surprises. I could see some light swirls in the lacquer top-coat in places - but that happens with every car I've ever had - too many people polishing cars with contaminated cloths! Anyway, a through going over with some AG Super Resin polish and finishing wax sorts all that out, and is most satisfying!

I set it all up inside, selected my spotify playlist for the drive home (the basic system sounds fantastic) and drove it out. What is most apparent is how much of a beast the car is in standard drive mode as opposed to chill, and how small the steering wheel feels compared to my old BMW.

Still waiting on the heated rear seats and heated wheel upgrade, but will see if they appear like others on this forum. But overall - it makes every other car I've owned feel like a complete dinosaur. This car is in a different class.

Great to hear most folk really happy with their cars, been loving the first few days with mine although it is filthy already with salt and leaves! Doesn’t sound like the paint that I have missing on my sills is a common issue - any others with MSM colour SR+ collected and checked theirs? I’ve still not heard back following my service request on next steps to confirm they will sort

Attachments

• 47F036BD-E3D6-416C-8C54-75F0E161D09C.jpeg
    47F036BD-E3D6-416C-8C54-75F0E161D09C.jpeg
    461 KB · Views: 50